It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

mfc3 HB User
upper back pain - bone cancer??

I have had back pain for a few months. It mainly hurts when I am in bed and try to turn over or move in a different position at night. It is my upper back. Just lately I can push on those areas and they are tender. My brother died of bone cancer when he was 9 54 years ago. I was worried I may have bone cancer because I read where bone cancer hurts when you are at rest. I had a lung x-ray a few months ago and it was ok. I don't have many of the other symptoms of bone cancer. Is bone cancer something that runs in families??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: upper back pain - bone cancer??

Particular types of cancers can run in families. A lung x-ray wouldn't necessarily show a bone cancer. It sounds like you need to see your doctor and get checked out. If nothing else, it will give you peace of mind, but if something IS going on, the earlier you find it, the better.

I wish you the best!
Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread