It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

DazzledStar HB User
Bone tumor/cyst

I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone that has dealt with bone tumors and/or cysts. I had an aneurmysal bone cyst removed from my left tibia in January, it came back and spread into my muscle in August and I had it removed, and now it has come back again 3 months after my last surgery. I find out Monday if it has spread into my muscle again too. Am I going to have to deal with horrible pain, not being able to walk without a brace and crutches, or perhaps not being able to walk at all forever? 3 major surgeries in one year is really getting to me. My leg throbs constantly and my knee aches, I'm terrified it spread into my knee and the muscles there, if it did I don't know what they will do! My upper tibia only has 2% of the bone left and your bone can only handle so much cement. I'm just looking for some hope that this will go away?!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
(male)

ouchthathurt HB User
Re: Bone tumor/cyst

Could you please say what kind of bone tumor it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

DazzledStar HB User

It's an aneurysmal bone cyst, I stated it in my original post but you must have missed it. The pathology report is not yet back on my latest surgery, which took place last Wednesday (12/02), but the previous two pathology reports from my January and August removal surgeries came back as it being an aneurysmal bone cyst.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

My husband had an osteosarcoma on his right humerus, that is cancer on the upper right arm, he did several treatments of chemotherapy along with major surgery and he is fine. He has been cancer free for forteen years, he has only ten percent usage of his right arm but he is fine and living a normal life so whatever it is, i just want to let you know that there is hope. Hope you get good results.

Closed Thread