It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

Imagsttr1 HB User
Question Metastatic Bony Lesions

I went to the ER presenting with severe back pain due to what appeared by location to me to be caused by Kidney Stones (since I have a history of this). The doctor in the ER ordered the usual blood and urine tests and then came back and told me that he would like to do a CT Scan of my back and the kidney region to which I agreed. When the scan was finished and the wait was over the doctor came back in and told me that I would need to see an oncologist because the scan revealed that I have "Bony Lesions on my Spine, Left hip and Left Pelvic Bones as well as spurs on my spine and problems with the L4 L5 and L7 discs/vertebrae.

To the best of my understanding though everything is very confusing because a biopsy has not yet been conducted on the large mass or other lumps in my Right breast, Metastatic Bony Lesions would seem to indicate that the cancer (which is not yet confirmed) had moved from the breast to the bone but would still be considered Bone Cancer. Recently I lost a paternal Aunt to Bone Cancer. My parents both have differing forms of cancer, my maternal grandfather died ten days after diagnosis with Pancreatic cancer and I am wondering just how one can get all the answers and a confirmation on everything that needs to be done based on information already given. At times I cannot walk, having to use a cane or be in a wheel chair and at other times I cannot even move without excruciating pain though I have been given narcotic and opiate pain killers in various forms, deep bone pain simply does not respond to any of these for more than half an hour at best. I would greatly appreciate any insight and suggestions. Any professional knowledge would give an even greater peace of mind at this point. Thank you!

The following user gives a hug of support to Imagsttr1:
mramirea (02-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
(female)

Imagsttr1 HB User
Re: Metastatic Bony Lesions

I have had at least four (4) Mammograms following an annual check up and my first mammogram at age 45 revealing a large "mass" in my right breast along with a smaller one just beneath the areola also in right breast. There has been no biopsy though doctors would argue with me I believe I'd know if there had been any form of needle placed in my breast tissue as I am a very well educated person. Recently another lump was found by my own self breast exam in the right breast also but when I went to the dr she told me that she felt 2 lumps. No referral was made to the oncologist and no further testing has been done. Now as of the past 2 or 3 months there has been a very dark discharge from one duct of nipple in right breast. Could you please advise me on what could be happening and what I really should be able to expect from the medical community? I was also diagnosed as having "Bony Mets" in my back after a trip to the ER with what I thought was Kidney Stones because of the excruciating pain. I am clueless and quite honestly, scared to death! Too many in both sides of my family either are deceased from or currently terminally ill from cancer.

Closed Thread