It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Pelvic discomfort....have some questions.

Hello to All, I am usually on the Skin cancer, thyroid, and Immune disorder board. I need your expert advice , thoughts or ideas please.

17 months ago I was diagnoised with skin cancer in my gential region. It was on my left side. It was removed and I am being followed by MD Anderson in Houston , TX... I go ever 6 months now. It was a rare cancer and the doctor told me that sometimes this cancer is an indicator there is cancer elsewhere in the body. Not always but sometimes.

I have had discomfort up into my pelvic region and it is deep and feels like the bone hurts. I usually wake up with the discomfort in the morning and then if I step a certain way or sit cross legged it really hurts. What concerns me is that is is directly straight in from my skin cancer. Same side and same exact area. When I look there is nothing there, all looks normal but the discomfort is increasing.

When I talk to MD they say it is probably scar tissue or nerve endings. I explained over the phone to them that this is NOT a pulled muscle and it feels like it is up in my pelvic bone or where the hip meets the pelvis.

So now I have an appt with a local Orthopedic to get checked out. I have to wait 2 weeks to get in to see them.

This has been going on for 3 months and it is not getting better in fact worse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for listening. Oleander

Closed Thread