It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

louise884 HB User
sternum / rib hard lump help please

Hello

i am 23 and have had a hard lump on my sternum going on to my right ribs. It has grown from being very small to now quite large but a funny shape.

It does not move, feels like bone but is tender if touched to hard sometimes. doctors have looked at it and dont really seem to bothered as its not breast tissue.

i have an xray and nothing came up. im feeling very anxious about this and my doctor told me last time, that all doctors do is guess.....!!!

i have said to her that well youve only guessed one possibility with a n xray, what else could it be? she does not care....

i dont know wether i am being over concered.. but i would like an opion, she kept asking me well what do you think it is! i said i dont know im not a doctor...

please help

thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

cazz58 HB User
Re: sternum / rib hard lump help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise884 View Post
Hello

i am 23 and have had a hard lump on my sternum going on to my right ribs. It has grown from being very small to now quite large but a funny shape.

It does not move, feels like bone but is tender if touched to hard sometimes. doctors have looked at it and dont really seem to bothered as its not breast tissue.

i have an xray and nothing came up. im feeling very anxious about this and my doctor told me last time, that all doctors do is guess.....!!!

i have said to her that well youve only guessed one possibility with a n xray, what else could it be? she does not care....

i dont know wether i am being over concered.. but i would like an opion, she kept asking me well what do you think it is! i said i dont know im not a doctor...

please help

thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

cazz58 HB User
Re: sternum / rib hard lump help please

Hello, yours is a familiar story to mine!

I will tell you my story and see if any of it matches yours.

For a long while I have had on and off chest strain like pain, I have always put it down to strain through lifting or exercising, despite there being a lump over the sternum ( i thought it was just part of my build)
Anyway, 2 weeks ago I got concerned about this lump as it hurt when pressed and I had had this strain like pain for 2 weeks, so I went to my doctor.He thought it was a fatty lump and refered me to see a surgical doctor, which I did!
He thought it was degeneration ( arthritis) and sent me for an x ray. The x ray chap said the same, but is sending the x ray to the surgical doctor for him to have a look........thats the story so far! I am hoping to see the doctor next week.

The pain I get is worse when I am laying down and I have to hold my sternum when moving in a flat position.
Is any of this relevant?

Cazz. x

Closed Thread