It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

kecoemab HB User
Spreading bone pain, no injury

About 8 months ago I started noticing pain in my right hip. It was very localized; right on the boney part that sticks out. About one month later, the same deep dull pain started in my upper arm and shoulder. It bothered me off and on, not a constant pain so I didnt feel the need to rush to the doctor.

About three months into this I was at my regular doctor and mentioned it to him. He sent me to a sports medicene doctor who saw me a montrh later. By the time I was able to see him I had also developed the same kind of pain in my back; thoracic region just inline and slightly below my shoulder blade. So now I have hip, shoulder, upper arm and back pain. This doctor pushed on the area on my back and I about jumped off the table it hurt so bad. He says, yep, you have displaced ribs. Huh? There was never any trauma, fall, pulled or stained muscle.....nothing. He says it can happen and sent me for manuel PT. He also ordered an MRI of cervical spine and brain because at this point I also have numbness and tingling in all the places. MRI was fine.

I did PT for months and still no relief so I took myself to an orthopedic for x rays. Ortho says no way did I have dislocated ribs. At this point, the hip pain is intermittent, but the arm, shoulder and back is nearly constant. My spine exray was "beautiful". I wanted to punch him in the face. Not because I want something to be wrong, but I want a reason for the pain! Its so frustrating! I am going for a spine MRI in a few days and hoping to get answers.

Could this kind of pain be cancer? Would it have showed in my xrays or just MRI?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Spreading bone pain, no injury

I would want to punch him also. Check out fibromyalgia or possibly an autoimmune disease. I went through the same thing in March and has blood work, only with severe muscles aches also and it turns out to be autoimmune.
Good luck and feel better Linda

Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Re: Spreading bone pain, no injury

I also recommend having your Vitamin D level checked. If you have a low Vitamin D count this can cause severe bone pain. If you have a blood test to have your level checked, make sure they do a Hydroxy D25. Mine was checked but they did a different Vitamin D blood test said it was normal. I continued to have the pain, getting more severe as time went on. Another doctor ran the Hydroxy D25 and said my levels were very low. Once I was put on a prescription Vitamin D the bone pain gradually started going away, it took 4 or 5 months for it to completely go away. I hope this helps, hang in there.

Reply Reply