It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2002, 07:02 AM   #1

Phil354 HB User
Unhappy Do I have Bowel cancer - Please help!

Could someone please help me thanks!

Over the past few months I have been geting bouts of Diarrhea and nausea - it first started like once a month and now it is happening every 1-2 weeks. I have also got to the point where I cannot eat indian food anymore - everytime I have an indian it results in cramp and diarrhea just a few hours after the meal. I have cut out indian food but still get these bouts. When I go to the toilet I suffer nasty cramp pains which seem to run down my back, then resulting in more bowel movement. Whilst I get these cramps I feel I could vomit if I wanted - I normally get about 2-4 spasm type cramps then its fine - I have also started to have excessive wind too and can also feel like my stomach and intestines rumbling a lot.

There is no weight loss or blood in the stools or so I thought but I have become more vigiliant and I apologise for sounding disgusting but today I had what I thought was a normal bowel movement and when I inspected it really hard and up close I saw very tiny red flecks in what looked like a normal stool - when I poked at it - it looked like a small amount of white skinny stuff fell off a small bit of it. The colour of the stool was brown, a bit lighter than a chocolatey colour. However there is no blood on the tissue. I am sorry to gross you out but had to explain it!

I have also had like a dull ache in the bottom of my back too for the past while and I hope this isn't cancer spreading to my back.

I am quite worried as I know something is not right and would like some views from you all as to what you think it is! Please no nice polite answers, tell me what you really think it is. Oh yes I am 33 and I have an occupation where I sit down a lot

Thanks

A worried Phil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #2

bratinpain HB User
Smile

hey Phil I go through the same thing dr. has told me it irritable bowel. But u should probably still check with your dr.

Old 04-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #3

Phil354 HB User
Hi,

Thanks for your reply although I am a tad confused - are you saying that you just have Irritable bowel? As from reading your other reply on the other post you talk about Polyps and Pre-cancerous ones? This doesn't seem like IB to me?

Please help

Thanks

phil

Old 04-28-2002, 02:52 PM   #4

Susan McMahon HB User
Hi Phil,

I really can't say whether or not you have cancer.
I had colon cancer. It was constipation,cramping, bloating and full of gas all the time and finally blood in stool. I got to a doc. It was 3rd stage. I had surgery (bowel restructure) chemo and medicine for a yr. I was lucky I caught it when I did. Please see a doc. Yours could be IBS, Chron's disease or colitis.
Only a doc knows for sure. Please see one ASAP!
Thanks.

Sue

Old 04-29-2002, 06:46 AM   #5

bratinpain HB User
Phil, yes i have irritable bowel plus i also have history of polyp. The symptoms u discribe r of IBS. Well thats what my symptoms were anyway! I really think u should go to your Dr. to be sure though. Right now my symptoms are worsening though dont know what to think, now i am always bloated feeling and very gasy and my bowels r really explosive (mucousy and almost orange and colour) i will be having my follow up appt in 2 wks so i will have to mention that to him. Good luck to u please go to dr. and find out what is wrong with u cause u just never know!

Old 04-30-2002, 01:11 AM   #6

Phil354 HB User
Question

Thanks for all replying to my post - I appreciate it.

Well I went to a Doctor and he was very dismissive, he was claiming it is just a bug - Yea right! I told him this has been happening for months and forced him to carry out some tests.

He did a Stool sample test called an "Occult Blood test' and I also talked him into taking a blood test called a 'CEA' test - This is apparently an Index which he said 'could' indicate the presence of Cancer if it was elevated.

I got both results today and both were 'normal'. Should I now put this phobia of cancer to sleep and dismiss it or is there more tests that I should have done?

Thanks for your help

Phil

Old 04-30-2002, 02:56 AM   #7

Phil354 HB User
Test

Old 06-05-2002, 09:43 AM   #8

Luvpeach48 HB User
Hi. I have had colon cancer in January 2002. I found no blood in my stools. I found however, that certain foods made me run to the bathroom soon after eating. My abdomen swelled up and I could not get my slacks buttoned. I was vomiting severely at the onset of what was thought to be food poisoning. That lasted for about two weeks until my daughter took me by ambulance to the ER. I was poked, blood drawn, IV's started and finally sent to have XRAY. I was admitted to the hospital right after that. After several more XRAYS and CT scans, I was in surgery where a peach size tumor was removed from my colon. It was resected so that I do not have to wear a bag. Upon more exploration, my gall bladder was removed and 8 eight lesions were detected on my liver. I went into surgery and had the largest tumor removed and the remaining were "ablazed" microwaved so to speak and made smaller, and a titanium pump called a hepatic artery infusion pump was implanted in my abdomen. I have survived my first round of systemic chemotherapy through a porta-cathe which is implanted on left shoulder and today, June 5, 2002, I will go to get my pump filled for the first with FUDR The catheter that will send this medicine to the liver is attached to the pump and and the medicine will be delivered at a regulated form 24/7. The prognosis is about 45% survival rate by using both types of chemotherapy as opposed to 13% just using the systemic method. If your mother is a candidate, I would ask about it unless you have already been told that she is not a candidate. Good luck with this illness. Mine took my by surprise. I have been out of work since January and cannot get any financial help from the government because they have to determine if I am really disabled. My house is about to go into foreclosure and the car I bought one year ago before all of this happened is about to be repossessed, so God bless you if you have adequate finances to meet your bills.

Sincerely,
Luvpeach48

------------------
Luvpeach48

Closed Thread