It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #1

DSoCali HB User
Symptoms related to Bowel Cancer?

Bleeding - SOmetimes I experiance bleeding, but I don't know if it's from constant wiping or a hemroid. Sometimes the toilet is the color or a rose. When that occurs, when I wipe, a part of my anus hurts, so it might be due to a hemroid or the constant wiping.

A lump near my belly button - This came out about 2 weeks ago. It's not big and when I first got it, it hurt (since I'm fat, the weight made it hurt.)

Pain - Well, it's not pain, but I get an uncomfortable feeling, but nothing serious, on my left side of my lower stomach. I don't know why, but it only happens before I sleep at night. It doesn't last long, though. Maybe gas problems?

Stool change - I haven't had a solid stool in a while. My stools have changed ever since I had my surgery to remove my gallbladder. My stools aren't hard most of the time and I don't go to the restroom like I used to (I'd go once a day, now it's like every 2 days.)

I should probably go to the doctor, though. I'm 18 and hope it's not that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #2

DSoCali HB User
Re: Symptoms related to Bowel Cancer?

I was just thinking, maybe I'm not having a good bowel movement is because I don't stay active. I sit on my *** all day on the computer and don't do nothing, as opposed to last year where I was alking and jogging at least 2 1/2 miles a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

You need to get a colonoscopy. I know it's scary, but really it's nothing... no more scary than going on for years not knowing why you have bleeding from your rectum. NO UNDIAGNOSED BLEEDING FROM YOUR RECTUM IS NORMAL. You need to call up a gastroenterologist and make an appointment to be seen, and then at the appointment, schedule a colonoscopy. Don't let them tell you that because of your age you don't need a colonoscopy.Tell them you would feel better being sure.

As for the lump that's popping out at your belly button... it sounds like it's the beginning of a hernia. A general surgeon would be able to tell you that. But one thing at a time... First go see a gastro.

Good Luck,
CancerDad

Old 04-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
(male)

Brad06 HB User

I had bleeding a year ago. My dr. told me because of my age had health not to worry it'll go away in a few days, its probably internal hemorrhoids. It went away and came back every 4 or 5 months until finally I did worry. I scheduled a colonoscopy with out a referral (you can do that) and feeling fine with no other symptoms I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. It can happen to you! Please get checked. The thought of the colonoscopy is scary but the procedure wasn't bad. It's not even embarrassing. The people do that every day and are there to help. You only get a chance to catch it early once. If you wait for more symptoms it can get ALOT worse.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

I agree with Cancer Dad, have a colonoscopy done, even if the doctor positively identifies a hemmerhoid as bleeding.(which it sounds like it is) It will at the very least clear up any doubt and as CD says, getting checked early is a heck of a lot better than finding out much later. Doctors will state that at your age you have nothing to worry about but they are understating this. What the truth is , you have less of a chance of having colon cancer than say a 50 year old BUT 18 year olds still do get colon cancer.

Removal of the gall bladder very well could affect the consistency of the stool. Your digestive tract has to work differently now at the upper end so it stands to reason that the lower end will be affected.

Your lump near your belly button is exactly described the way a friend descibes his hernia. This could also be a consequence of an overly sedentary lifestyle.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:16 AM   #6

DSoCali HB User

I know where the blood is coming from now. It's on the outer part of my anus due to constant wiping and dryness. I also don't have blood in or around the fecal matter.

Oh, an no, I'm not gay. lol.

Last edited by DSoCali; 04-20-2006 at 01:19 AM.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

DsoCali:
I'm glad you believe you found the source of your bleeding. Sometimes we can tear, or develop fissures that may require physician intervention. And yes, ANYONE can get them, without regard to sexual preference.

I do encourage you, however, that if you continue to experience ANY bleeding as the weeks go on, PLEASE go get it checked out. You really can't be certain whether there may be bleeding occurring higher up in the rectum or colon and then catching more blood at the "tear" site.

Best of luck!
~CancerDad

Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

At any rate the pain and lump need to be checked out before they get worse.

Closed Thread