It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
(male)

Enhance19 HB User
Bowel movement issue

Hello all,

First of all, I'm a 21-year-old male. Just tonight while releasing a bowel movement, I noticed bright red blood on the tissue when I wiped. It wasn't very much and only mostly on the first wipe with only a little blood noticeable afterwards on the tissues.

Within the last two weeks, I've been releasing bowel movements infrequently. And about a week and half ago I had a very strange bathroom experience while working - over a 15 minute time span I had to go back to the bathroom three times to finish a bowel movement because I kept having to go (I hadn't pooped in about three days prior to that). I also experienced some pretty serious stomach cramps just before going to the bathroom. The stomach cramps haven't returned but my guess is it was because I hadn't pooped in about half a week.

Also in this same time span the last couple of weeks I've still been pooping infrequently, and when I do I often have to push hard although I don't experience much pain when pushing. And, although it is slightly gross, it seems to come out in pieces rather than one or two solid pieces. I don't really watch what I eat but I'm not entirely unhealthy in my diet (me being young and naive, to be honest). I plan on visiting the doctor anyways, but I'm curious what my worry-level should be right now. My guess is that I have an tear around my anus.

Last edited by Enhance19; 07-11-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Bowel movement issue

It sounds like you might need to increase your fiber and water consumption, constipation may be your problem. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains and may be a fiber supplement such as Metamucil or Citrucel might help, but, still I would highly recommend getting it checked out by your doctor since you had cramping and bleeding, just to rule out anything more serious. You may have aggravated hemmorhoids from all that straining. I believe if you had an anal fissure, you would know because the pain is excruciating!! Please try to avoid all straining, it can lead to hemmorhoids, anal fissure and rectal prolapse, not good!

Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing.

Last edited by rufous57; 07-11-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Bowel movement issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhance19 View Post
Hello all,

First of all, I'm a 21-year-old male. Just tonight while releasing a bowel movement, I noticed bright red blood on the tissue when I wiped. It wasn't very much and only mostly on the first wipe with only a little blood noticeable afterwards on the tissues.

Within the last two weeks, I've been releasing bowel movements infrequently. And about a week and half ago I had a very strange bathroom experience while working - over a 15 minute time span I had to go back to the bathroom three times to finish a bowel movement because I kept having to go (I hadn't pooped in about three days prior to that). I also experienced some pretty serious stomach cramps just before going to the bathroom. The stomach cramps haven't returned but my guess is it was because I hadn't pooped in about half a week.

Also in this same time span the last couple of weeks I've still been pooping infrequently, and when I do I often have to push hard although I don't experience much pain when pushing. And, although it is slightly gross, it seems to come out in pieces rather than one or two solid pieces. I don't really watch what I eat but I'm not entirely unhealthy in my diet (me being young and naive, to be honest). I plan on visiting the doctor anyways, but I'm curious what my worry-level should be right now. My guess is that I have an tear around my anus.
You may have an anal fissure from straining to pass the hard dry stool.Going to the doctor is a good idea though just make sure it's the anal fissure or possibly a hemorrhoid nothing more serious. The doctor will do rectal exam with his gloved finger and KY jelly on it. He will probably do a fecal occult test and possibly some other tests as well. In the mean time start eating a high fiber diet 25-35 grams a day and drinking at least 64 oz. a day of water and getting at least 30 minutes a day of exercise.Try taking a walk after a meal as this helps to kick in the peristalsis to give you the urge to go. after your walk go sit on the toilet for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. If you do this everyday at the same time of day you will have a bowel movement daily which is so much healthier for you than being chronically constipated and then having to strain and force the stool out. You're way too young to be having chronic constipation for the rest of your life. The longer the stool stays in the colon the more toxins build up and start to penetrate the colon walls and into the blood stream and after years of this happening puts you at a higher risk for colon and rectal cancer later on down the road. Our stool contains bacteria and toxic byproducts produced by our intestinal tract which needs to be gotten rid of daily by moving our bowels.

Closed Thread