It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

Dimples112409 HB User
Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer and Stomach is Swollen 5 inches in 4 Weeks, What's Wrong W

My periods have been unusually heavy for a few years and for the last 9 weeks, I have been having persistant gas(that gets worse daily), nausea, indigestion, changes in bladder habits, including frequency and occasionally burning, changes in bowel habits, including now being constipated all the time and sides hurt when trying to go, loss of appetite, feeling full quickly, constantly tired, VERY abnormal menstrual cycles and low back pain. For the last 4 weeks, I have been experiencing swelling in my stomach (it has gained 5 inches in 4 weeks, but I have gained no weight) severe pelvic pain, shortness of breath, horrible pain in my lower (left) abdomen, some occasional pain in my legs. I went to the ER Monday and theysuggested it could be ovarian cancer, but they didn't seem concerned and sent me home and just told me to make an appointment with my gyno. I don't have any of the risk factor though. In the last 4 weeks, my waist has gone from a 34 to a 39. I have had a huge loss of appetite starting 9 weeks ago, so I hardly eat and water is all I drink and not an excessive amount either. It very well may not be that. So, what I am asking is why the heck my stomach feels so stretched out, has so much pressure and has grown in size so much so quickly? I am freaking out, because excluding pregnancy, my waist has never been this big and it hurts to take normal breaths, I have to take short shallow breaths because my back and stomach hurt if I don't. I am not menopausal, I have had children, I have no history of cancer, I am not over 55 and I am pretty sure there is no history of ovarian cancer in my family. I made an appointment with my gyno, but I can't get in until the 16th, which is worrying me, because I get worse everyday.

Last edited by Dimples112409; 08-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer and Stomach is Swollen 5 inches in 4 Weeks, What's Wro

No one can diagnose you over the internet, but your symptoms are certainly very troubling. Please do as they suggested at the ER...make an appointment with your gynecologist ASAP. And, when you call to make the appointment, tell them about your symptoms and that you need to get in to see him/her quickly. It's possible that it's not cancer, but only a doctor can tell you for sure.

Ruth

The Following User Says Thank You to SamQKitty For This Useful Post:
Dimples112409 (08-06-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Exclamation Re: Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer and Stomach is Swollen 5 inches in 4 Weeks, What's Wro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples112409 View Post
My periods have been unusually heavy for a few years and for the last 9 weeks, I have been having persistant gas(that gets worse daily), nausea, indigestion, changes in bladder habits, including frequency and occasionally burning, changes in bowel habits, including now being constipated all the time and sides hurt when trying to go, loss of appetite, feeling full quickly, constantly tired, VERY abnormal menstrual cycles and low back pain. For the last 4 weeks, I have been experiencing swelling in my stomach (it has gained 5 inches in 4 weeks, but I have gained no weight) severe pelvic pain, shortness of breath, horrible pain in my lower (left) abdomen, some occasional pain in my legs. I went to the ER Monday and theysuggested it could be ovarian cancer, but they didn't seem concerned and sent me home and just told me to make an appointment with my gyno. I don't have any of the risk factor though. In the last 4 weeks, my waist has gone from a 34 to a 39. I have had a huge loss of appetite starting 9 weeks ago, so I hardly eat and water is all I drink and not an excessive amount either. It very well may not be that. So, what I am asking is why the heck my stomach feels so stretched out, has so much pressure and has grown in size so much so quickly? I am freaking out, because excluding pregnancy, my waist has never been this big and it hurts to take normal breaths, I have to take short shallow breaths because my back and stomach hurt if I don't. I am not menopausal, I have had children, I have no history of cancer, I am not over 55 and I am pretty sure there is no history of ovarian cancer in my family.
Dear Dimples,

Please make an appointment asap with gyno. Your syptoms are severe. They could indicate a bowel obstruction but you have to know for sure what you are dealing with so you can get treatment right away. Being that miserable is just not normal. My thoughts are with you and hope that the dx is one that is easily remedied. Please keep posting and let us know what you find out.

Gentle hugs,
lobolee

The Following User Says Thank You to lobolee For This Useful Post:
Dimples112409 (08-06-2011)
Closed Thread