It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
(female)

ISLA28 HB User
Unhappy Scared waiting for colon polyp to be removed!

Hi,

I'm new to this posting so sorry if I go on too much!

I'm 28 and have had bleeding from my bowel on and off for approx. 5 years, however in December last year I had bad stomach cramps and the urgent need to go to the toilet; there was alot of fresh blood in the toilet and no stools. This happend later in the day aswell. Because I'd had a baby 5 months earlier I put it down to having hemroids or something. I eventually went to the doctors a few months later and she found a tear healing so I wasn't that worried, however as I was having bowel pain she referred me to the rectal bleeding clinc.

I had my sigmoidoscopy a week ago (8 months after that bleeding) and they found a polyp, I was advised I would need a colonoscopy to have it removed and in case there are more further up the colon. He was also asking me alot of questions about family history etc. The thing is I am now quite scared, although I know there is only a small chance it could could be cancer the waiting is terrible!! I don't know how long it will take for them to send me an appointment for my colonoscopy and then i'll have to wait another week or so for the results. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I just wish they would do it and gt it over with because I'm usually very calm and positive but I'm starting to let it get to me. I've got two young children under 3 yrs and "c" terrifies me. Was this bleeding I've had for 5 years related to this polyp??? I've got no history of bowel cancer in the family, although there is a lot of cervical and lung cancer? I'm only 28 and am not overweight.

Any advice or similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread