It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
(female)

mollymegan HB User
Bowel Cancer

Hello please can anyone help with advice, I have had problems with diarrhea and thin stools for the past two years, I have also had alot of pain which comes and goes in my stomach and my stomach swells throughout the day so much that i look pregnant. I am 48 yr old, and get very bloated. The main time i have to rush to the loo is first thing on a morning up to three times, but them im fine the rest of the day apart from the pains and bloating. I have had a barium meal and a barium enima which the doctors as said there is possibly a polyp on the right side of my bowel. Im so scared incase its cancer, I have read things about polyps and it states that they cause no symptoms. I go in on the 3rd to have a colonoscopy and the polyp removed. If anyone could help me out with this worry i would be grateful. Thankyou in advance.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
(female)

thedale HB User
Re: Bowel Cancer

I am having chemo for bowel cancer at the moment and have two siblings who have been found to have polyps after they underwent investigations after my diasnosis. Both of them have been found to be non-cancerous in nature so please don't automatically assume the worst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread