It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bowel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

apricot13 HB User
My Dad has stage 3 bowel cancer

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined this site in the hope that I can get some more information on stage 3 bowel cancer for my Dad. He was diagnosed with stage 3 and lymph nodes (not sure how many?) and they are going to start him on Chemotherapy in a couple of weeks, and possibly radiotherapy too. This is so that they can shrink the tumour first then operate to remove the cancer. He says that the cancer is in a small pocket at the bottom of his pelvis? Is stage 3 serious? and if lymph nodes are around it have they got cancer in them too? I am so confused about everything can anyone help me? Thanks

Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: My Dad has stage 3 bowel cancer

Just checked the boards and have seen this post...so sorry no one has replied before. Stage 3 is serious but it also very treatable. My husband had stage 3C nearly nine years ago with 11 out of 18 lymph nodes involved. He had chemotherapy and radiotherapy. He did not have the more sophisticated chemotherapy that is available today and yet he is alive and well! He does now have prostate cancer but that is presently under control. I hope your dad does well. Please post back and let us know how things are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: My Dad has stage 3 bowel cancer

My best friend's husband has had colon cancer twice. He did the chemo and radiation and two surgeries and possibly a third as they are also testing him for Lynch syndrome.
They have come SO far hon with treatment. I would see if maybe you can accompany your daddy to a doctor's appointment to ask some questions? Be careful of just doing a google on the internet because you can scare yourself. Where the internet can be a GREAT tool, just reading everything and anything can make you worried, because each person and each case has it's own special situations attached to it.

Please keep us posted. This can be a long journey, and I am hoping you can possibly speak to one of your dad's doctor's so you fully understand his situation, if he does not mind you knowing.
Sending you some positive thoughts....
((Hugs))
Madison

Closed Thread