HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Bowel (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-bowel/)
-   -   Colonoscopy results were not explained well (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-bowel/906192-colonoscopy-results-were-not-explained-well.html)

Grayson99 06-22-2012 12:27 PM

Colonoscopy results were not explained well

I have just had my colonoscopy as I have hemeroids.
I did not talk to the doctor after, a nurse just gave me a printout.
The report says the following,

2mm sessile sigmoid polyp-hot biopsy.
Haemorrhoids nil else.

Follow up awaiting pathology results.

Advice comments

Hx of anemia.

After a google search it has got me quite worried.

I this polyp dangerous ?

noevr 06-22-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Colonoscopy results were not explained well

Hi, from what I've read it could go either way even though it sounds like you've caught it early. You'll just have to wait on those labs to get back. Hubby had colo-rectal cancer in 03 (stage 3/4) and is still going strong! His was the size of a softball and had gone thru the wall of the colon. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much (easy for me to say, right?) Just be sure to get a hard copy of the path report for yourself (even though it will be hard to read). good luck and let us know how it goes, ok? (((HUGS))) cj

Tiffystar 06-23-2012 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=Grayson99;5004588]I have just had my colonoscopy as I have hemeroids.
I did not talk to the doctor after, a nurse just gave me a printout.
The report says the following,

2mm sessile sigmoid polyp-hot biopsy.
Haemorrhoids nil else.

Follow up awaiting pathology results.

Advice comments

Hx of anemia.

After a google search it has got me quite worried.

I this polyp dangerous ?[/QUOTE]

From my understanding cancer starts as a polyp. They start as a non-canerous polpy then about 10 years or so it'll become cancerous. For now, I'd try not to stress it too much. Not sure of your age or your family history but you may want to look into that.

Grayson99 06-24-2012 08:49 AM

I am 43 with no history of colon cancer

Donna022 10-13-2012 07:21 AM

Well read my report and you will feel better. Why in the heck do these doctors talk to you while you are under anesthesia!!! I specifically asked for my son to be in the room with me because I have had this happen before...them talk to me and not be aware of a thing they have said.

My report says: 12 sessile polyps found in the sigmoid colon descending colon rectosignoid junction and rectum, all removed by cold biopsy polypectomy.

I called my doctor this morning and told her I was alseep when she talked to me. She sounded frustrated that I would call, said I have a discharge sheet with diagnosis (above info) and we just have to wait for the path report to come back.

How nice.