It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User
Brain Tumour

Has anyone heard of a meningioma? has anyone had or got one? or had or are receiving treatment for one? I have been told I MAY have one and have to wait and see if it grows to see if it's a tumour or not - any info would be appreciated from people in the know.

Jax

Old 01-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: Brain Tumour

my husband had a meningioma tumer its a slow growing tumer he had it for 20 years before it showed any symptoms they gave him an op and he is fine now 10 year agobut could not remove it all so he still has a little bit in his head he goes for yearly scans and the docter told him the tumer had grown very slighty but they wont have to do the op again they only done that because it was so big he said they can romove it all with some kind of lazer beams but try not to worry to much if the doctor doesent realy know if you have one the treatment is different now it is much better my husband keeps fine and still does everything he always done even driving

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

Niclolu HB User

I was told several days ago after a series of MRI scans that I have a meningioma tumor which is a tumor that grows out of the layers of membrane that covers the brain. Since it is determined to be benign (does not grow or invade surrounding tissues) the doctor will only keep an eye on it to make sure it is not growing.

I was told that many people live with these tumors for years without experiencing symptoms or find that it is growing. It is fortunate when it is discovered though, because doctors can keep a close eye on it. I go back in 4 months for a follow up MRI.

To read more on it, you can go to [url]http://www.answers.com/topic/meningioma?cat=health[/url]

Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User

thankyou so much sharon1952 and niclolu,

I admit even though I kept calm and let the doctor think that I was fine with it when she told me inside I was freaking out! if I could have, I would have been running round in circles shouting !!!

It's great to hear from someone who hs experience with it. I feel a lot better now - thankyou for your replies

Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
(female)

Niclolu HB User

That is good to hear. I am glad you are feeling better about it. That brings a smile to my face. Have a great day!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

glad to be able to help dont worry to much they dont always grow and even if my husbands was big they soon had him sorted out and it did not affect any of his lifestyle let me know how you are doing

Old 01-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User

Thanks again,

my headaches have decreased so I guess my stress levels are down in relation to the tumour - I have sort of settled myself into thinking that the tumour will be there a long time and hopefully I will NEVER have to have anything done with it - it really helped to hear from people who had experience with this - you can read a lot but there is nothing that compares to hearing it from the people on the front line.

Take care,

Closed Thread