It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
(male)

heartJordan HB User
Cell phone. =[ Brain cancer.

Hey all,
so I'm concerned about the health risks associated with mobile phones. Namely cancer. I have been having headaches and dizziness for a while now and my doctor checked me out and said I would be fine and it's just a cold. The think is i have no cold symptoms, but he said it was being caused by moisture in my ears...The thing is that he didn't even check for any signs of brain cancer at all.
I know I'm probably just worrying myself but i tend to spend a few hours on a mobile phone a day as I am in a long distance relationship. The longest call went for 8 hours and it's making me so very scared. This will only go on for another five months and then we will be moving near each other.

It's so hard and I'm so scared.

I want to get myself checked out for a brain tumour specifically but I'm really scared to.
They'll think I'm paranoid! They may even refuse to check.

I can't not talk on the phone for between one and two hours daily.

What do I do?

heartJORDAN.

Last edited by heartJordan; 07-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
(male)

heartJordan HB User
Re: Cell phone. =[ Brain cancer.

Anyone????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

keepsmiling22 HB User

I don't think you should worry about that, there hasnt been evidence that supports this.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

daughter issues HB User

If you're that afraid of getting cancer from a cell phone then invest in a headset. Then you don't even have to have the cell phone near your head while you're talking. My bf and I do that when we're using our cell phones to talk (also in a long distance relationship and he's a long haul trucker). You can get one that plugs right into the phone so you don't have to worry about replacing batteries, or you can get stocked up on batteries and use one of the cordless ones.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartJordan View Post
Hey all,
so I'm concerned about the health risks associated with mobile phones. Namely cancer. I have been having headaches and dizziness for a while now and my doctor checked me out and said I would be fine and it's just a cold. The think is i have no cold symptoms, but he said it was being caused by moisture in my ears...The thing is that he didn't even check for any signs of brain cancer at all.
I know I'm probably just worrying myself but i tend to spend a few hours on a mobile phone a day as I am in a long distance relationship. The longest call went for 8 hours and it's making me so very scared. This will only go on for another five months and then we will be moving near each other.

It's so hard and I'm so scared.

I want to get myself checked out for a brain tumour specifically but I'm really scared to.
They'll think I'm paranoid! They may even refuse to check.

I can't not talk on the phone for between one and two hours daily.

What do I do?

heartJORDAN.
Also, you might want to check into the possibility of migraines as far as you headaches and dizziness....just a thought.

Pam 3

Old 07-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
(male)

heartJordan HB User

I have been using a headset since they started but they don't seem to be going anywhere (The headaches, that is).
I went to the hospital last night and they gave me a physical and they said that they could find no reason for the headaches and dizziness at all. The thing is that I've never had troubles in terms of headaches before this.
I doubt I'll be convinced until my suspicions are proven wrong with an MRI. I've seen three doctors; none willing to indulge me.

Last edited by heartJordan; 07-30-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

daughter issues HB User

Keep track of what's triggering your headaches, the time of day, whether you're tired or not, lighting, where the pain is etc. Do that for a few weeks to a month and take that in with you when you see the doctor.

Good luck and I hope you can figure out the headaches and dizziness.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #8
(female)

yoyoma1 HB User

I also worry about cell phones causing cancer. In fact, I walk away from the microwave when I heat up food, try to not take deep breaths in a place where I suspect asbestos, and put my cell phone at least 5 feet away from me when I sleep, but I am a worry wart and I know it. I was watching CNN and there was a segment about cell phones and brain cancer. Dr. Sanja Gupta (spelling??) said the only thing they could find was that cell phones just activate your brain cells and they don't know if that's good, bad, or neither. He said he personally uses a little headset when on his phone because he uses it a lot... just to be on the safe side. I think you are fine. You could possibly have migraines, not have enough water, or maybe the stress and worry could be causing your dizziness and headaches. I don't think you can even feel much pain if you have brain cancer or tumor until much later on anyway, and your dr. would know if you had it by then because of many other symptoms and not just from the headaches.
I also get a lot of headaches and take daily migraine medicine. I wasn't always like that, but it just started up when I was maybe 12 years old. Some people just have that. Another explanation could be growing sinuses (which happens mainly in your teen years). The most likely, I think, is that it's caused from stress, so take it easy and don't worry about it...I know it's hard to stop worrying, but consider maybe having a relaxing spa-ish day to just relax, take a nice warm bath, and eat yummy fruits and stuff.
Hope this helps!

Closed Thread