It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Glioblastoma

Bostyn!

SO good to read your post!

Wow... a trip to Branson for you guys. Good times! I have never been there, but hear lots of good reports of it. What a great way to spend some time together. I hope sitting and listening to the show is a time of happiness for you both and a time of reprievve for both. It's a good plan for sure.

Tilling the garden... yep, it's close to that time for us, too. I bought some flower bulbs that are new to me. They are called Mexican Shell Flowers. Once they start blooming, they bloom for most of the warm season. Each bloom only lasts a day, but new ones are supposed to continually be formed. They looked really pretty on the package.... hope they do well. Perennials... I like perennials so that each year there is a bit less work to do.

My hubby is having a bit of a tough time with his back. X-rays show that he has a deteriorating disc at the bottom of his back. He had been a bit uncomfortable for a while, but nothing too major. Then, when he was getting up from the toilet ( of all places and things!!), it just went and he could barely walk. He is on some meds for pain and inflammation for now, but will start therapy soon. Sure hoping the therapy is the answer. Back surgeries are just too iffy for my taste.

Easter was really extra pleasant this year. The whole family visited, although kind of in two shifts. My kids, grandchildren and Mom came for a brunch. Hubby's sister and family came for dinner. Just worked out that way but was good as we had time to visit with each one without all the chaos.

Hope your trip is delightful. Get those feet tapping and be happy.

Hugs
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Bostyn

Been a while, girl, but I have not stopped thinking of you. Smiles. It has been a bit hectic around here as we have been doing some extra duty baby sitting the past three weeks. The other grandma has been down with a back problem so we picked up the slack and boy oh boy can I tell you that the extra time is taking its toll! The baby is just about a year now and starting to really move.... she crawls fast as a race car and is starting ti pull herself up and trying to walk. Constantly on the move and takes the shortest naps I have ever seen. Phew! A real Action Jackson that keeps us hopping the whole day long.

The other day I planted some flower bulbs and while I did I was thinking of you. In planted a flower that is new to me called Mexican Shell Flower. I think they are real pretty. Look them up on line sometime if you get a chance. I bought the bulbs in asorted colors and am excited waiting for them to come up. Right now the lilacs and the primrose are blooming and everything has turned green... I guess Spring is here for good in New England.

Bostyn, how are things with Hubby? I hope he is having some peaceful days. I know this is a trying time for you and hope peace finds your days also. Is Hubby still getting out and about? I hope so. I know for me when I was so ill during treatment it made a big difference if I could get out a bit. It was like a break from all the reality of the illness to be able to do something, even taking a ride.

Well, I will go for now with a reminder to you that prayers and thoughts continue for you and ytour family. TAke care.

Hugs
reach

Old 05-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello Kathie

Haven't seen you here for a while now, but thoughts of you continue. Wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day

Not sure how things are going at your end, but hope all is peaceful.

Take care
Hugs
reach

Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #34
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

I just stumbled on these series of caring posts (I just had a brain MRI which came back negative) and was wondering if you have heard from Kathie lately with an update on her husband. You have been wonderful to her!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #35
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User

Wow, I just realized your last post was one year ago! You may not even be out there anymore. I am sad to guess the outcome...

Closed Thread