It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

Manda38 HB User
My Aunt has terminal brain cancer

My aunt(56) has terminal brain cancel and her step brother whom is in his late 80's is living with her whom has stage 6 alheimers.
Problem being the her other step brothers are his career's and refuse to move him to either of there houses to care for him there(truth is they don't care, as long as he does not have to live with them).
My aunt now has to have 24 hour careers and even they agree that her step brother needs better care from his brothers. If i say anything to them they just tell me its got nothing to do with me, one of them even smokes in the house and i ask him not to on a regular basis, but he wont listen.
Does anyone know what i can do to make her time left a better one...

Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: My Aunt has terminal brain cancer

Hi there was a doctor that saved her life doing several measures. One thing they might enjoy is if a juicer is obtained and apples and oranges are freshly juiced and brought to the cancer patient and maybe family if they are interested in a glass jar or perhaps a stainless steel thermos (plastic is not recommended). I would try not to antagonize the relative if at all possible to avoid being kept away eventually. I say that because they don't seem respectful of the wish to avoid the smoking in their presence. I would try not to press the issue even though it is not healthy. Once is probably enough to know how it is felt about it and they may change their mind later. Hope this helps a bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: My Aunt has terminal brain cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda38 View Post
My aunt(56) has terminal brain cancel and her step brother whom is in his late 80's is living with her whom has stage 6 alheimers.
Problem being the her other step brothers are his career's and refuse to move him to either of there houses to care for him there(truth is they don't care, as long as he does not have to live with them).
My aunt now has to have 24 hour careers and even they agree that her step brother needs better care from his brothers. If i say anything to them they just tell me its got nothing to do with me, one of them even smokes in the house and i ask him not to on a regular basis, but he wont listen.
Does anyone know what i can do to make her time left a better one...
Talk to a local hospice immediately. They are incredibly helpful with situations such as yours, and will do their best to sort everything out and make sure that she is cared for and pain free.

Closed Thread