It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
(male)

Jayson17 HB User
I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

I'm a 17 year old male. For the past 2 days, I've been getting this weird feeling like I'm confused and I don't really know what I'm doing. Here's a list of things I've been through for the last 2 weeks (hopefully it will help answer why I'm getting this confused feeling):

Two weeks ago I met this really cute girl at summer camp. Well, summer camp ended about a week ago, and I've been feeling sad ever since (not sure if it's depression). I think of her every single day.

Yesterday, I felt really tired in the middle of the day, even though I had a good nights sleep and didn't do much during the morning.

Last night, I had an awkward dream that I got shot, but managed to get away.

Someone please help me! I really hope I'm just delusional and that I don't really have brain cancer or a brain tumor. I'm really scared that I might have one though....please help!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

Jayson.....if I were to guess, I'd say you do NOT have brain cancer or a tumor....sounds like the summer blues.....when do you go back to school?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

Jayson17 HB User

I go back to school in like 2 weeks.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I think you're just bored, and thinking of that girl......did you get her number or e-maill address?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
(male)

Jayson17 HB User

Nah, I was too nervous to approach her (this is something I'll regret forever). I don't know if this weird confusion feeling I'm experiencing is just because I'm bored though (well I am pretty bored, but idk lol). I'm still scared that I might have a brian tumor or brain cancer =(

Last edited by Jayson17; 08-23-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

what makes you think you have brain cancer or a tumor?
what symptoms do you have?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
(male)

john30332 HB User

i am no doctor but; as someone who has had a brain tumor (actually with reoccurances, i've had several) what you are describing is not cancer - it is being a teenager.
if you are still that worried about it you could go to a doctor, who will send you to a neurologist, who may order a scan for you. in addition to costing lots of time and money that process may actually leave you with an unnecessary scan (i.e. exposure to radiation). brain cancers almost always are accompanied by swelling of the brain (sever headaches). in my case i had lose of certain motor functions (walking, talking, vision), unexplained weight changes and headaches to the point of vomitting. like i say, i am no doctor; but that is what i would look for in a brain tumor patient.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
(male)

Jayson17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
what makes you think you have brain cancer or a tumor?
what symptoms do you have?
Well, I just keep getting this weird feeling like I'm confused and I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm just worried that there's something wrong with my brain that's causing this weird confused feeling. I also once heard that cancer makes you weak, and I've been feeling tired in the middle of the day even though I've had a good nights sleep. I also got a headache yesterday (probably just a coincidence that I'm sick) and for the last 2 days, I've occasionally had a slight nausea feeling (not close to vomiting, just a slight feeling of discomfort). I don't know, I guess I'm just scaring myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john30332 View Post
i am no doctor but; as someone who has had a brain tumor (actually with reoccurances, i've had several) what you are describing is not cancer - it is being a teenager.
if you are still that worried about it you could go to a doctor, who will send you to a neurologist, who may order a scan for you. in addition to costing lots of time and money that process may actually leave you with an unnecessary scan (i.e. exposure to radiation). brain cancers almost always are accompanied by swelling of the brain (sever headaches). in my case i had lose of certain motor functions (walking, talking, vision), unexplained weight changes and headaches to the point of vomitting. like i say, i am no doctor; but that is what i would look for in a brain tumor patient.
Well, about 6 months ago, I did have this problem with stuttering when trying to say certain words that start with c (ex. can, come). Other than that though, I don't have any other symptoms that you mentioned.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

what specifically are you confused about?
are you worried, nervous, or anxious about going back to school?
what are you doing during the middle of the day when you feel like falling asleep? I'm guessing it's a combination of being bored and stressing about going back to school for some reason.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
(male)

Jayson17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
what specifically are you confused about?
are you worried, nervous, or anxious about going back to school?
what are you doing during the middle of the day when you feel like falling asleep? I'm guessing it's a combination of being bored and stressing about going back to school for some reason.
I honestly don't know why I'm getting this weird feeling. I did some research and came across this thing called "derealization", and it seems to fit my situation for the most part. I guess I'm just worrying too much.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
(male)

shawnshawn HB User

i think you need to go wak one off,make sure to think of your girl,its just your hormones,you dont have brain cancer, trust me!!!

Closed Thread