It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

riverphx2 HB User
Should I be worried about this? Could I have brain tumor?

Friday, Sept 23 I was doing just great when during the night I was at the movies and my lower left side of my head started to hurt. Lower left side behind my ear. My ear started to get a burning sensation and had a hard time sleeping, I couldn't sleep on either left, right, or back because it was very bothersome. I woke up with the same pain and it lasted through out the entire day and night. I also have lower back pain. Saturday like I said I woke up with the pain it was just so bothersome and I didn't have energy to do anything or even eat. I tried and put some icy hot cream on my left shoulder and took a 200mg Ibuophen, and tynelol during midnight. Sunday it went away but just a little. It still is there and tends to bother my whole left side of brain but mainly the pain is right behind my left ear right where the skull is.

No vomiting, no sezisure, no blurred vision, no memory loss, no slurred speech, no headaches, no fainting, no tingle sensations, no heart attacks.

I do feel weak, sleepy, my left arm feels a bit weak or numb, at times I feel like I want to pass out but don't, middle of my back hurts, I have three wisdom teeth that I need to take out, pain stays on left side, don't want to eat, I try but just don't really want to. My mood has been down this weekend I'm usually a debbie downer, I stress alot, worry a lot, but never felt like this.
I believe maybe I've had this issue before but was told that I probably slept wrong and from time to time I've had this feeling but it never has gotten this worse. I do get migrains from time to time not so often.

No one in my family has ever had a brain tumor or brain cancer, but I had a great grandmother who had lung and breast cancer.

Is this any symptoms of brain cancer/ tumor should I be scared? I'm very scared and worried? Please help?

Last edited by riverphx2; 09-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
(male)

john30332 HB User
Re: Should I be worried about this? Could I have brain tumor?

you might be wise to be worried about it; but probably not because it is brain cancer. could be a pulled muscle or sinus problem. the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor. i have a fear of seeing the doctor for any problems; i think sometimes they take a carte blanche approach to people coming in at irregular intervals. when i myself was first diagnosed with brain cancer my GP wanted to run the "full battery" of tests to make sure everything was covered - ugh. fortunately (or not), the neurologist was able to nail the problem right away; thus avoiding the "if you're going to be my patient, we need to get a look at all the medical possibilities to start" syndrom. i know that is synical; and i may have other serious medical issues yet undiscovered. but first things first.

Closed Thread