It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

Harrysgirls HB User
Question Lump on back of head;cancer?

Hi guys.
So about 6 weeks ago i found 3 lumps on the back of my head. I was suffering from a cold the day before and wondered if that had anything to do with it. I scratched and poked at the lumps till they were big and sore ( i know, not good) but they did go away. Now i found another one thats been there for a week maybe. It doesnt hurt unless i apply a lot of pressure. Its very small and you'd ony notice it if you were applying pressure with your fingers. It decreases in size when i wash my hair and apply heat. Ive also been applying vicks which i read on a website which has also calmed it down a lot. Its very close to my hairline and in line with my ear. Does it sound dangerous? Im too scared to see a doctor as im the sort of person who is frightened of finding the truth if it bad. Cancer does not run in my famiy at all. I dont experience any symptons except sometimes i get a little tiny bit of pain if i touch it . Ita decreased a lot in size which is good but in still concerned. Any help? One last thing. I was wondering if it was due to stress. My grandad recently died and im sure the lump was not there beforehand. It feels hard, but not as hard as bone. Its under the skin, and the skin moves over it so its not connected to the skin. The lump itself doesnt move. I dont think its cancer fron what i've read, but im no doctor. Ive read about calcified bone, cysts, lymph nodes, and even pulling your hair too hard or reacting to your shampoo. The lump is ridiculously small and i think im over exaggerating, the skin was a bit red and flaky yesterday if that mesnt aanythig, or if its just where ive scratched. Does anyone know wgat it could be or how to treat it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
(female)

Harrysgirls HB User
Re: Lump on back of head;cancer?

Btw, i have no symptoms like headaches or dizziness. Could it be fatty tissue?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Lump on back of head;cancer?

cancerous lumps don't just come and go like that, but if you're worried you should see a doctor to check it out. From what you said in your post though it sounds like little hair follicle cysts which happen when hair follicles gets blocked and the natural oil can't get out. Try scrubbing them extra well when you wash your hair, but also just changing your shampoo may help. Try some soap free or hyperallergenic shampoos because they tend to be gentler and better for the scalp and oil production. Also when you wash your hair, don't wash, rinse, repeat, only wash it once so that you don't strip all the oil out because the oil glands will just produce even more oil.

Last edited by captjane; 04-13-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Closed Thread