It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

marblecomp52 HB User
Worried about BRAIN TUMOR...HELP!

Okay I will start out with that I have always been a hypochondriac, and also I have anxiety. I have always thought that I have had some sort of disorder, but deep down I knew I didn't have it. Anyway, this time I really think that there is something wrong with me, I am really convinced that I have a brain tumor. My symptoms, are as follows: I have had really bad headaches after I get done with my work when I wear a wireless headset and I DO take tylenol or something else and it goes away. So far whenever I have a headache and I take something, it goes away. But I have noticed that it feels like I'm going to lose my balance but I never do. I have never fallen over or anything like that, but it just feels weird. My vision has been fine, SO FAR. I have noticed I feel a little nauseous every now and then, but it lasts only like 5 seconds, and that has only happened about 3 times and I have never vomited or anything like that. Other than that I have had the regular nausea after eating something that didn't agree with me. My speech is fine, although I have my days where I just can't seem to talk normally, but who doesn't get that right? Anyway I have been to my primary care physician and she did a neurological test on me (like she had me follow the light, checked my eyes, saw if I was able to perform certain tasks, etc. and she said that she wasn't concerned about anything. Also I noticed that I sneezed yesterday and it hurt when I sneezed, not afterward just for the split second when I sneezed. I'm really worried, and I'm only 18 years old. Does it sound like I have a brain tumor or is this just my hypochondria and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Worried about BRAIN TUMOR...HELP!

I think it is most likely your anexiety. The tests your doctor did are neurological test which would show disruption in the brain.

Some people (me) are sensitive to headsets. I cannot use them as they do cause pretty nasty tension headaches.

As for the nausea, that too is normal. There can be many issues that can cause transient nausea and dizziness. The most common is mild inflammation of the eustacian tube, due to low grade ear infection, allergies, sinusitis etc. Although anxiety can do the same.

As long as your neuro exam was fine, and the symptoms are mild try not to stress.

T

Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

marblecomp52 HB User
Odds of me having a brain tumor? 19 years old

So I have this worry that I have a brain tumor of some sort. Now the reason I think I have one is because of this.
1. About 1 week ago I was having pain in two specific spots in my head. One was above and behind my right ear, and the other was above my left temple. And the pain would move to behind my eyes. But both pains would never occur at the same time.
2. I will have nausea in the morning. This has not occurred every single morning, and my head NEVER hurts when I have the nausea, although nonetheless I have had the nausea. And I have never actually vomited when the nausea occurs.
3. I had some bad memory problems a few months ago, but this has since gone away.
4. I have had ataxia around the same time as the memory loss, but like the memory loss that has too gone away.
5. I had terrible headaches before. They would occur generally after work and I would take OTC medications for it and they would go away, but they would only go away if I took the medications.
6. I have lately had random insomnia where I have very vivid dreams. And one of those dreams a few weeks ago was me having a brain tumor!
So I am really convinced that I have a brain tumor. I even went to the doctor for this a few months ago, and she did a neurological test on my, I.E. checked my reflexes, my pupils, etc. and said I was just fine. I'm just really scared and I want to have a CT scan done just to see if I have one or not, but no one believes me. I have talked to my doctor, I have talked to my parents, and everyone else and they all say the same thing, that it's all in my head. I don't think that these symptoms are all in my head though. I'm only 19 and I don't want my life to be over. Can somone please help me, thank you.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Arrowroot HB User
Re: Odds of me having a brain tumor? 19 years old

I think you should see a different doctor, explain all of your symptoms to him/her, and press for getting an MRI of your head done.

If that turns up nothing, then I think you should consider the possibility that you may have Lyme disease.

I wish you the best.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-23-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website

Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Odds of me having a brain tumor? 19 years old

I am glad that you have not died of fatal familial insomnia. The bad news is that you have hung your symptoms on another illness. Brain tumors which are advanced enough to cause serious symptoms are pretty easy to diagnose. Maybe your prior need is to consult a therapist about anxiety and hypochondria. You are wasting your life in fear. So far you have not described any sign or symptom that is not caused by anxiety. Sera

Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
(female)

lyssabugg HB User
Re: Do I have a brain tumor?

Relax- I know that can be really hard to do though.

It doesn't sound like a brain tumor. Only 50% of people with brain tumors have headaches. They are worse in the morning. They don't throb. As far as sleep pattern, I always wake up in the middle of the night. I also get really twitchy and I have a tremor myself. A lot of that can be attributed to stress, and if you were not sleeping well and worried about SFI that would make sense. Pain behind the eyes can be from sinus headaches, or headaches in general.

If your super concerned anyway, get an MRI. I'm getting one just to rule out a tumor. (My MRI is Dr recommended though).

Closed Thread