HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Brain (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-brain/)
-   -   Headache, muscle twitches, double vision (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-brain/918827-headache-muscle-twitches-double-vision.html)

eviltuna 09-17-2012 09:36 AM

Headache, muscle twitches, double vision

Hey there, my name is Patrick.

For the past few months, I've been having on and off neurological symptoms, these include headaches, muscle spasms and twitches, blurred vision, cognitive impairment, concentration difficulties, and numbness and tingling in my arms and legs.

I have had a CT and MRI scan without contrast that came back clear, which was reassuring.

However, now I am starting to develop very bad migraines, and over the past few days I have been feeling like being sick on several occasions. also, my muscles and joints have started to click and pop and it hurts when they do. my jaw, elbows, knees, hands and hips are affected.

I have also noticed a fairly large lump on the back of my head, it resembles a hill, it isn't just a lump, it is more like a hillish growth that covers a large area. it is very boney, and it kind of clicks, and I can wiggle it a little bit, when I do, it tends to click alot. also when I move my jaw or shake my head, I hear a popping and clicking on the back of my head.

Any ideas? I don't know whether to continue having tests, if I do, it'll have to be private, as doctors have had enough of me moaning on, I have been referred to several psychologists and no one seems to believe that what is happening isn't just going to go away by itself.

I am also now starting to get double vision of some sort vertically. like writing will appear again above the writing I'm reading as a kind of 'outline' but sometimes double vision. my eyes are also hurting quite alot.

The bumps at the back of my head are also getting more and more and now my skull feels oddly shaped. it's really strange.

The MRI showed nothing but clearly there is something going on but I have no idea what.

(sidenote: I have also developed a cough that is pretty bad.)

TMJ82 09-24-2012 06:52 PM

Re: Headache, muscle twitches, double vision

Hey Patrick, I think I understand what you are talking about. I have been through a set of significant neurologic symptoms that were caused by my jaw (TMJD). Of course you may not have it, but consider looking it up just in case. I also had low potassium, and had to take supplements. Not sure if those two were connected though.
Clear CT scan and MRI are very good. It means you don't have to worry about brain tumors, skull tumors, intracranial hypertension and things like that. I also had those done and were clear. I wa salso sent to a psychiatrist that was nothing but wasted time and money.
I recommend you think more in detail about how all these started. Was there anything in particular before those events, such as dental work? Car crash, other trauma? Any new medication? Anything that could have been a trigger. If you can figure out the etiology, you may be able to understand how to deal with it.