It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Brain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
(male)

thysis HB User
Unhappy Aneurysm and lesion scared :(

Just found out i have a 2mm developing aneurysm on the Anterior communcating artery and a 6.7 mm cystic lesion along the posterior nasopharynx . Cervical lympnodes also possibly reactive around 9 of them from a quarter to penny size .
And mildly prominent perivascular space along the inferior right basal ganglia .

Could the lesion be cancerous should i biopsy it or a cervical lymp node ?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Aneurysm and lesion scared :(

Additional information would be helpful. How were the lymph nodes diagnosed, ultrasound? What about any blood work? What symptoms are you having? How old are you? Do you drink excessively or smoke, chew tobacco? Any family history that would be meaningful? What has your Dr said? Has the cyst in throat been ultrasounded? Have you had a head/neck CT scan? All this info would be helpful, as your question about biopsy cannot be answered easily. What does your Dr say? Just for reassurance, sometimes an infection like strept or mono can cause big lymph nodes and even tiny aneurysms, so I would not jump to cancer conclusions without ruling out the more common causes. Cysts in the palate are common also, and usually benign, but any growth must be proven one way or another.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
(male)

thysis HB User

MRI picked up the nodes in the cervical area . Bloodwork im sure will be done monday 11.26.12 Symtoms are extreme nausea dry heaves , headaches , stiff neck , pain all over , lympnodes can be seen and felt with ease . Cancer on moms side and dads . Havn't seen a doctor yet sense the MRI/MRA . Just a report . No ultra sound of the cyst . Also do for a CTA because of aneurysm . Had Severe mono back when i was 16 . They say you can only get it once if its severe enough i guess . My doctor in Boston who i was suppose to see in september told me to come in because my nodes are starting to cluster and more of them . I missed the apointment due to money reasons . Now im going Monday and im sure she is going to be very upset i didnt come in when i was supposed to .

Last edited by mod85; 11-23-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It would be helpful to monitor your temperature over this weekend. Did this illness ever involve a sore throat at the beginning, and was a strept culture ever done? There are many things that can cause enlarged lymph nodes, from infections to connective tissue disorders to cancer. It may take awhile to get to the bottom of this, and I think your best bet is to keep your appointment, get some extensive blood work done to look for evidence of any infection or connective tissue disease and follow your Doc's advice when the biopsy decision has to be made.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
(male)

thysis HB User

Thankyou very much ...

I will keep you informed ...

Last edited by mod85; 11-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
aneurysm, brain, lesion