It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Unhappy Excessive Gas, Lower Back Pains, Fatigue

I have been diagnosed with ovarian cysts. They are the functional type, dissolve and then they come back again. I have so many symptoms I'm going crazy. The latest are excessive gas (must take an anti-gas pill almost daily), lower back pains and excessive fatigue. I've been to my primary and also a gyno. No one seems to think there's anything else wrong! I'm not convinced of this and don't know what other tests to ask for. Of course, I'm worried about ovarian cancer, but the cysts that show up are functional, not solid and no one (but me) seems to be worried.

Any of you out there with the same symptoms? What have you been told? Are these ovarian cysts going to play havoc with my system forever? I feel lousy!

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #2

allergicinsw HB User
Re: Excessive Gas, Lower Back Pains, Fatigue

Hi

God I know what you are going through. I had another ultrasound last week after one in Oct said I had a simple cyst 2.2 cm. I also had a CT and nothing was seen and a neg CA-125. I also had a neg CA-125 this week. My ultrasound (both vag and exterior) showed a 1.9 cm cyst with some internal echoes. My doc said this is common and is probably blood but I am freaked. I told him I want the look see at this pint. I have had over a year of symptoms. They are on and off but I am still a bit scared. I would rather know now. I have low back pain specifically right SI joint and this has been on and off for many years but seems to be worse. My stress incontinence which has been around since kids is worse and bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea have been arounfd for quite some time. Sometimes I feel ok and others not. They are doing a D&C plus hysteroscopy of uterus along withlaporatomy 2 June and I am scared but want to know for sure. What I do know is don't web search or you will go crazy. My doc thinks I am ok but is really doing this for me. I am doing this to just know but am scared to death. Hope all turns out ok for you. I have been told that if symptoms persist, the only sure thing is an internal look. I have had cysts before, 1 cm in 2001 but I guess I am a bit of a hypochondriac here.

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
(female)

Hi, Sharon

Who cares more about us than us? I say make the doctors work for you. If we don't feel well, have them run tests. Don't take the passive role. Of course, it can borderline on being kind of obsessive, but that's the way I am. I don't want to be a story of "ignoring symptoms for years" and then, bang!

Take good care and keep us posted.

busymommy

Old 05-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #4

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User

HI! I'm just curious....about this...because...and I don't want to scare you. I am 26 and last March I was diagnosed with stage 3c uterine cancer. I was under the constant care of my gynecologist. Everytime he said I was normal and that was it. I had cysts on my ovaries and all...one got to be lemon sized. Well, needless to say, after being so miserable with gas and back pain and abdomen pain...I finally had enough and demanded my doctor do laprascopy. Well, he disagreed and suggested an ultrasound...so we did that...and thats when a football sized tumor was found connected to my pelvic sidewall and had engulped my right ovary and tube and covered my uterus. So that was it. After the first surgery, which was removal of the tumor (thought at the time to be a benign teratoma) my gas problems disappeared. But it was after the lab results came in...that started my real journey. Please dig farther into this...request...a uterine biopsy...just to be sure...because you never know. Take care.
Luv Nicole

Old 05-24-2004, 01:14 PM   #5

mamisano HB User

Please know that the CA-125 test is not always conclusive. My mother is an Ovarian Cancer survivor (6 years post diagnosis) and when she has had a reoccurance (twice), the CA-125 never showed signs. It was not until she had physical symptoms and CAT scans she was shown to come out of remission./

As far as Cysts go, my sister (27) just had a bout with a painful Cyst that burst. She neglected to go to the Hospital, and by the time she did they told her to just take some Motrin and the pain would go away.

She needs to be especially carefull because of the family history.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

Hi, all

Thank you for your replies. I underwent a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen last week. Not much fun, but the results came back negative! I'm 45 years old and have been going through perimenopause for about a year. I'm starting to believe all the changes occurring with me (feeling like I'm falling apart!), are due to this time in my life. Of course, I'm having everything checked out by my doctor, but when all is said and done, I'm going to bet nothing horrible is going to be found. I still have a ways to go with more testing, though.

Nicole, how are you doing now? What a terrible ordeal you went through!

Take care.

Closed Thread