It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 01:39 PM   #1

lady_grey HB User
Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I saw this today and decided to pass it on because I thought that it is pretty cool. I reminds me of the aids quilt. Does anyone quilt?

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

"The View," Quilted Northern® Bath Tissue and The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Partner to Launch "Quilts of Inspiration" Program

A woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes, and every 13 minutes a woman dies from the disease. Early detection is critical, proving more treatment options and a great chance of survival.

On October 25 and 26, "The View" will broadcast from Dallas, TX during Breast Cancer Awareness Month and unveil what is hoped to be the world's largest quilt for a charitable cause. These announcements were made by co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck during today's live broadcast of "The View." In a combined effort to help spread this important message, ABC Daytime's "The View" has partnered with the makers of Quilted Northern® Bath Tissue and The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to launch the "Quilts of InspirationÔ" program that culminates in "The View from Dallas."

Through the "Quilts of InspirationÔ" program, each organization will invite people to create their own quilt square with an inspirational message related to the fight against breast cancer. The squares will be sewn together by a team of professional quilters. After being unveiled during "The View from Dallas," the quilt will be auctioned online in the fall, with all proceeds supporting breast cancer research, education, screenings and treatment.

"I am pleased to take part in this truly inspirational program and have the show help raise awareness in the fight against breast cancer," said Bill Geddie, executive producer of "The View." "Being a graduate of the University of Texas and having spent a great deal of time in the Lone Star State, I know first hand that Dallas is a cultured, beautiful and vibrant city. I am so grateful we have been presented this opportunity to travel the show and meet our loyal viewers," he added.

"Breast cancer touches so many lives, and being able to do something so beneficial in this large scale is a tremendous reward," said Brian Stupp, senior brand manager for Quilted Northern. "Quilted Northern is proud to support the Komen Foundation and work together with 'The View' on this unique program that gets people nationwide involved in the cause by quilting to show they care."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread