It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

eltwins HB User
Breast / Arm pit pain

Hi there. I have been suffering for some time with a pain wher my right breasat becomes my armpit. It feels like a bruise. Thre is nothing to seee on the skin and I cannot feel any lumps. I can feel muscle or something deep down whre the pain is, when I press. But this makes it hurt all the more. It is also worse the week before my period. I did see the doctor about this 2 years ago, but she could find nothing wrong and after about 3 months it went away. Then it came back again and went again and now back again. I therefore assume that is not cancer, as surely it would hurt all the time. Any ideas?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
(female)

redstarr987 HB User
Re: Breast / Arm pit pain

It might have something to do with your lymph nodes. Around my period I always have a lot of pain there as well and in my groin area it is painful to the touch. One time one of the lymph nodes in my groin became very large so I saw my doctor and she said it could be from a problem in my leg but there was no visible problems there so she had me wait it out until my period was over and it went away. She said that sometimes you have changes in your lymph nodes due to hormones. And now that I am pregnant I have pain on both armpits and can actually feel the swollen nodes. The three places your lymph nodes are prominent is your groin,underarm and, neck. I would check those places for inflamation and raise the question to your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 01:06 AM   #3
(female)

eltwins HB User

Hi, went to the doctors this morning about it. It is bad at the moment and he felt the area (mind you I was still dressed) and hit right on the sore spot! Anyway he says that it is muscular and hormone driven, I guess this kind of makes sense. He just suggested pain killers, but I will investigate something natural I think.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #4
(female)

ryanandmaran1 HB User

I'm so glad to see that someone wrote about the same thing I've been experiencing!

Lately, for the past couple of months, my right breast near my armpit has been sore--but deep down, like it's a muscle--just like you said. Also, the top part of my right breast sometimes feels sore when I breathe in too deeply. That pain also feels muscular. But it still makes me worry, because I don't know why the same muscles would be so sore for so long.

And I feel so uncertain when it comes to self-examining my breasts every month, because I'm not altogether sure what to feel for! I feel hard little nodules near the edges of my breasts that I can only assume are my lymph nodes, but then I begin to doubt when I start feeling tenderness there! I like to have my husband do it because then he can feel both of them at the same time to see if there are any differences. But he's never really sure what to look for either...

Does this tenderness sound like something I should have checked out? I haven't had a doctor check my breasts since last April (10 months ago).

Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
(female)

jobunny2 HB User

I too have been dealing with these symptoms. I was wondering if, for anyone who has these symptoms, does the pain sometimes extend from your armpit to the inside of your bicep?

Old 11-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #6
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

Oh wow, I'm surprised so many people are having these problems.. I've been having them for the past 4 months now & they're off and on every day. Some days worse than others. It's in the same spots as you all stated.. I'm also worried, 'cause I've been to the doctor alot and still haven't found out the cause. =\ If anyone figures out anything, please let the rest of us know!

Old 11-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
(female)

Leeby HB User

I don't have much of the breast pain, but I get slightly swollen glands above my breast, along the brastrap line and in my armpit. When it hurts bad it goes into my arm, mostly bicep area. It's cyclical appearing 7 - 10 days prior to my period. My family dr says it's no big deal. But I worry. My dad's sister had breast cancer last year. I'm only in my early 30's so they won't do a mammo until age 35. I see my OB in Feb so I'll def. ask a TON of questions there.

Closed Thread