It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

NicoleMM HB User
Question Inconclusive Mammogram & Ultrasound

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar situation as the one I am currently in???

I felt a pea-sized mass in my left breast in November -- went to my internist (annual check-up) in December and I asked her to check it out. She could feel the lump, so ordered a mammogram. The mammogram was inconclusive, so they did an ultrasound that afternoon, which also turned out to be inconclusive. So, I just had am MRI of my left breast, and it didn't see anything. The odd thing is that the mass is still there! I am not sure what to do now.

Anyone else experience something like this, and if so, what did you do?

Thanks!

Old 03-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Smiley123 HB User
Re: Inconclusive Mammogram & Ultrasound

I had a mammogram and ultrasound done but did not have a MRI. I had my lumps removed just so I would know that it was ok or not. My dr took them out in the office. He deadened the area and took them out and they were not cancer. Thank GOD!!! It was not that bad during but afterwards I have had some pain with the cut. I'm having to take some antibiotics because of an infection but it is better than being worried that it is cancer. Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Smiley123

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Are they going to do any type of biopsy? I would ask about that just to relieve your mind. Chances are you are FINE, but I think for your own peace of mind you need clarification. I had the same type of thing happen to me this summer so let us know what they decide to do and how you are doing.

Nancy

Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
(female)

twiggy7977 HB User

Hi NicoleMM
I completely understand what you are going through. I have found two lumps in my right breast. My doctor also felt them and sent me for an ultrasound and Mammogram. The lab ladies could feel them but nothing showed on either of the tests...
I have since gone back to my doctor and he told me because we can feel but not see the lumps then he is sending me to a Breast Surgeon. I see him on the 20th of April....it is then we will determine what to do.
I would like to have them Biopsied or removed. I am sure they are nothing more than cysts or breast tissue...but i do want to be 100% sure as we can't prove that on the ultrasound...
You aren't alone....let me know what you find out..

Twiggy

Closed Thread