It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

lafs4me HB User
Question Anyone else with an enlarged lymph node in breast

Last November, while nursing my son, I discovered a lump in my left breast. It felt like and was the size of a small grape. I check every month and boom there it was. I immediately went to the OB and had a breast ultrasound. The results were it was an enlarged lymph node. I saw a surgeon too just to be sure and he agreed too that it was just a lymph node. Well, six months have passed - the lump would shrink and grow (no bigger than when I originally discovered it ) but now it hurts. My armpit and upper arm are sore too. I made an appointment for next month with my OB for a follow up.

I have had a lot of medical issues this year...most recently the passing of my first and hopefully last kidney stone, a neurological work-up for facial and limb tingling (the doctors say its just stress/TMJ/anxiety). Had two MRIs (brain & Cspine) and numerous blood test checking for auto-immune and clotting disorders - everything was normal, except for my SED rate which when last checked was 37 (normal is 20). My SED rate has always been on the high side (30's) but neither my PCP or neuro is concerned about it.

I have no history of Breast cancer in my family. However I have had Basal cell carcinoma/skin cancer on my face in Aug 2002. The dermatologist equated BCC with a pimple as far as skin cancers go, but to me I still had cancer and I'm afraid it will come back somewhere else. Everytime I have a pain I immediately think "Oh no - its a tumor!" I started therapy at my PCP's suggestion to deal with it, but its hard to separate a "fear" from a legitimate health concern.

Has anyone else experienced this with their breast/health? What did you do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread