It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

Allison1125 HB User
breast feels cold...what could it be?

for the past 5 days i've been having pain in my right breast. its not sore at all, just this constant pain on 1 side of the breast that seems to get worse each day. yesterday i started getting this cold feeling inside where the pain is. it was on & off all day. but today its been pretty constant. i feel as if i have had an ice pack on my breast for hours. you know that feeling you get in a muscle when you ice it? thats what it feels like & its really freaking me out. i have an appt with my gyn tomorrow...hoping its nothing but i'm quite concerned. i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question so i'm sorry if it is not. the thing thats getting me paranoid is my mom had pain in her breast & everyone she knew who had breast cancer told her not to worry because breast cancer never hurts. she never felt a lump so she waited to get checked out thinking it was just a pulled muscle. well it turned out to be breast cancer and by that point she had lymph node involvement. she passed away in october, just 2 & 1/2 years after her diagnosis. so i'm definitely getting this checked out tomorrow. i was just curious if anyone has had anything like this happen to them before. this feeling is so strange. any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

smithn HB User
Re: breast feels cold...what could it be?

Breast pain is very common and is sometimes called mastalgia. Breasts respond to the changes linked with the menstrual cycle. Many women experience some degree of tenderness and/or pain before or during their periods. This is quite normal but sometimes the pain or tenderness can be rather severe and interfere with your normal routine.Reducing your caffeine intake or cutting it out altogether can help to relieve breast pain. Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, cola and chocolate. Cutting down on the amount of salt and fat in your diet may also help. Another thought could be that you have an infection in one of the glands of your breast. I'm so glad you will be seeing the doctor tomorrow! Do let us know what you find out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

Allison1125 HB User
Re: breast feels cold...what could it be?

thanks smithn! so i went to my dr & she said she didnt feel anything which made me feel better. funny, the 1st thing she asked me was if i had been taking in more caffeine (which i havent). i am on birth control pills & have been having some problems with them so she switched me to a different pill. maybe that will help? well anyways, she said that if i'm still having the pain after my period that i should come back for some tests. the pain is so much worse today though! i feel terrible...have a lot of trouble sleeping. i cant wait for this to go away! thanks for the post!

Closed Thread