It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

jomol HB User
Cancer found in lymph node

Hello,
My sister just found out today, after a biopsy last week of her lymph nodes, (and the removal of a tumor) that one of the 11 lymph nodes they removed was cancerous. My question is what is usually the next step? She will be seeing an oncologist within the next few weeks, but I'm trying to get a heads up on what to expect. I know the original tumor site will need radiation, but now what, that it was found in one node.
She's keeping up her spirits, but it's her family that is concerned. Thanks for any input or from experience.
We have a large family, and this is the first incidence of breast cancer. She had a mamogram in January also, which showed nothing. She discovered the lump on her own.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
(female)

lizard50 HB User
Re: Cancer found in lymph node

I am sorry to hear about your sister. It is wonderful that she has support from her family. My sisters love helped me so much. I recommend that you get the book " The Breast Book" by Susan Love. That will help you to get pro-active about it. This book is very easy to read and understand. Knowledge is power. Your sister may have cemo but her doctor will go over that, also go with her and I taped the session I had with my doctor because there is a lot of infromation and sometimes it gets overwhelming. I found great gifts with my cancer... I hope that she does to. Lizard50

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread