It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

croppingmom HB User
Question sore/burning sensation in left breast

I have has a sore/burning sensation on and off for almost 3 months now in my left breast. I think it might be a little larger than before but my husband says no he sees no changes. I waited through a couple months cycles to see if it was hormonal. I went for my yearly exam earlier this month and she did the breast exam but felt nothing. I am going on Monday for a ultrasound and mamogram. I am not to stressed over it more curious than anything. I was telling a friend of mine about it and she immediately thought cancer. I said cancer is not painful. Any thoughts?

Old 12-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lane413 HB User
Re: sore/burning sensation in left breast

My mom had the same burning and soreness in her right breast. She had a mammograph last Nov. and they told her it was calcifaction. she has to go back in Jan '06. She is afraid that her bp med caused the calcifaction. She takes verapamil and i looked it up, it said it could cause breast cancer.

My mom will wait to see the doctor and hopefully ask questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

croppingmom HB User

Had my ultrasound and mamo today. They gave me the results right then and there. Everything looks normal which is great but why do I have this pain? Hmm who knows I guess until it gets worse just live with it.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

Iadinae HB User

I just went through the mammo and US because of the same burning type pain. I also had a lump that I could feel. Turns out it is jsut some fluid filled cysts and if they start bothering me too much I can have them drained, but at this point I'd rather deal with it.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #5
(female)

glemis HB User

Hi
I get this same exact burning, stabbing pain in my left breast. Had mammorgram and ultrasound. Nothing was seen. I've been reading about non cyclical breast pain (not associated with the mentral cycle). It's rare, found mostly in women in their 40's and causes are still unknown. Some women find relieft with evening primrose oil or chasteberry. Mine waxes and wanes. I had it a year ago and then again in October and now again this month. It may have to do with the milk ducts or hormonal changes. I'm having another mammogram tomorrow just to get another look.

Closed Thread