It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Question Somethings not right!

I got my yearly mammogram & was told to go for a biopsy. While I was waiting (he was late in surgury) I asked for a copy of the report. It sd a lesion 10 X 6MM also sd it grew since last report in 2005 was 9 X 3. Problem is I was never told anything last yr. I asked if they had last yrs report, they did & that sd NEGATIVE, no new mass or anything, it was fine! I of course questioned this, he then did an ultra sound & didn't see anything. He wants to do a needle localization now. I called the hospital & demaned they do a new mammogram on that breast N/G under the circumstances, waiting for results. It's been a mess, the Dr's office sd they couldn't find my xrays, the xray dept sd I picked them up, I didn't, turned out after awhile the xray dept sd they had them. Something is just not right since my 1st visit w/him I heard the girl say they only sent 1yr's xray & he sd to call them. If this doesn't make sense it's because it doesn't make sense to me either & now I'm nervous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
(female)

dizzyblond HB User
Re: Somethings not right!

My guess is that they were eyeing an area of possible future concern last year - do NOT try to read into the radiologist's reports - you'll worry yourself sick!!! Try not to go to places you don't need to go to yet! My own experience was this: an annual scanning mammogram required a diagnostic mammogram last year - the results of the more compessive second mammo. were OK. This year, the scanning mammogram again showed an area of abnormality, so again, more diagnostic compression views (ouch!).... this time the radiologist wanted a stereotactic biopsy. I was really scared, like everyone who goes through this, but the tech told me, "Just take this one step at a time and try to jump ahead." My asymmetric density ended up being fibroystic tissue. Try to take a deep breath and relax as best as you can! Be sure to keep us up to date on how things transpire!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Thanks for responding, whats bothering me is if there was something last yr that was 9x3MM why wasn't it noticed then & not given a chance to grow? We will see what this one says then I'm gettting a 2nd opinion from a radiologist that has an excellent reputation before I jump into the needle localization this thurs, it's only about the size of a pea, I would rather go w/the needle biopsy I had yrs back it was a piece of cake. I'm a cyst person, have had alot of them.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
(female)

dizzyblond HB User

Well, that's a good question to get addressed when you are seen this week. I'm just wondering if, as it was in my case, it was not anything they felt needed to be addressed last year. Will be interested in hearing what you find out.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

I feel better now, a really great radiologist looked at it, has no link to hospital who did it. He sd the CAD system they use didn't pick it up last yr. The reason it was picked up this yr is because it was abit bigger & easier to see. He sd the location is ok for the Abbey biopay which I had before & it's a piece of cake so I feel alot better.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
(female)

dizzyblond HB User

Good deal!!! So glad you're feeling better about this and that you were able to be seen by a radiologist you feel comfortable with! Be sure to let us know how things turn out. Our thoughts will be with you!

Old 06-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Somethings not right!

Thank you SO MUCH for being such a caring person! I go 6/30 will be glad to get it over.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #8
(female)

dizzyblond HB User

You are so welcome! Now, don't forget to let us know how everything goes!! :-))

Closed Thread