It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

jhamilton401 HB User
Lumpy Breasts

I have lumpy breasts so I am very worried right now.
I developed cysts in my breasts several years ago and I went to my doctor to see what it was, he says it was a caffeine cyst from drinking too much soda. I am a Pepsi junkie I admit, I drink way too much soda. Well he did the fine needle aspiration to see if he could get anything out and nothing so he told me it would go away on its own if I laid off of caffeine. Well of course I didn't and it never went away. Well about a month later I was messing with the lump and a yellowish liquid came out of my nipple then the next day blood came out of my nipple when I tried to express liquid out of my breast. I went back to see him and he said he tried to get something out of the lump last time and nothing so there was no sense it doing it again. Needless to say he is no longer my doctor.
I went to see my new doctor which I love, he is great. He had me squeeze my breast to see if anything will come out and of course nothing would come out , no yellowish discharge or blood like before. He said if I start having problems to come back. That was last year. Now both breasts have that yellowish milky looking discharge and I still drink soda. I still wonder if these are cysts or something else. I am scared of breast cancer. I am 32.
I don't even know if insurance will cover a mammogram until I'm 40. Could I ask my doctor for one or do you think he will tell me I don't need one at my age?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
(female)

jhamilton401 HB User
Re: Lumpy Breasts

Oh I forgot to add that when I told my new doctor about the bloody discharge I got out of my breast he said most likely that could be an infected milk duct.
I can move the lump around if I push around on it with my finger. I don't know if its true but I was told that if its a cancerous lump it isn't moveable. It is up high on my breast. Kind of unusually high like its almost not even my breast and up higher but the doctor said thats still breast tissue.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
(female)

MaryAnn HB User
Re: Lumpy Breasts

You need to have a mammogram and an ultrasound. It shouldn't matter if you are under 40 or not. I'm sure your insurance will pay if it's ordered by a doctor because you can feel a lump. No doctor can tell you it's a cyst just from feeling it. They may think that's what it is, but it can only be determined for sure with a mammogram and U/S. I agree that it being a movable lump is a good sign. I have a big cyst right now and it also is high on the breast which I think is pretty common. As far as the discharge issue I don't know much about that but you definitely need a doctor who takes this seriously and takes the steps to find out what is going on with you. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Closed Thread