It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
(male)

Marko1962 HB User
Male with lumps...

Hi I realise that lumps in the breast area is mostly a female problem but I have a problem and hope you can help...

A few weeks ago my nipples and the surrounding area became very sore followed not soon later by a lump approx 5mm across on the edge of the nipple area. That went down and the soreness went after a couple of weeks but I have had another develop on the other nipple. About the same size as the other and it doesn't move, it's been there for a couple of weeks now..

I will go and see a doctor if it's still there in 2 weeks. Last year I had a kidney transplant so am on immunosuppressant drugs. The family had a miserable time last year and we are to go on a long overdue holiday next week so don't want to spoil anything for my family, they deserve that holiday..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Male with lumps...

Mark-
It's true, you don't hear much about men getting lumps in their breast/chest. BUT, men do have breast tissue. And yes, men can develope cysts and lumps in that breast tissue.

Being on imunosupressants may have something to do with this, but anytim you find a lump in your breast it is deffinately a good idea to have it checked.

It does sound like you and your family are in need of some much needed relaxation and family time, so go and enjoy yourself and your family. Keep a check on the lump, and when you get home it would be a good idea to get it checked. If there is something going on, it's much better to have it taken care of sooner, rather than later.

Good Luck, and enjoy your vacation!
Lezlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
(male)

Marko1962 HB User

Thanks ozybug for the quick reply. Unless the lump gets bigger then the Doc will see me after a nice lazy holiday... let you know how things develop or hopefully- not develop

Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
(male)

james_wv HB User

Don't ignore it - my best friend from high school is now a 10-year survivor after a mastectomy for male breast cancer. He had no family history (male or female).

Old 08-09-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
(male)

Marko1962 HB User

Thanks for the advice guys n gals.

Just an update, back from my enjoyable family holiday and the lump in my right breast has shrunk to almost nothing, the lump on my left breast has gone. I havn't as yet gone to the docs it seems that the right hand lump is following the history of my left one, hopefully just blocked glands

Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
(female)

djoyv HB User

Please take care of yourself. I had a grandfather that lived to 104 after his double mastectomy.

Best of everything!

d.

Closed Thread