It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

firepiper66 HB User
mammogram question

hello everyone,
my thoughts are with all of you battling this disease. my apologies for asking a question when currently i don't have breast cancer but i didn't want to surf the net and be bombarded with misinformation.

i just turned 40 yesterday and today went for my fourth mammogram in my lifetime. i have a strong family history, mother, grandmother, great aunt, all post menopausal but with declining age of diagnosis.

when i had my mammogram today the tech was great and showed me pictures. the hospital just got a new digital mammogram system. i saw everything clearly but also saw two very bright white dots on my left breast film, i didn't ask her since a; i kinda didn't want to know and b; i know they can't say anything. the radiologist is supposed to read films either today or monday. i don't feel any lumps but am wondering if these two white things i saw are lumps or masses? i hate to think negatively but each time i go for a mammogram i have a total breakdown, i cry, my heart races, etc, everywhere i turn or read it's breast cancer, breast cancer, and i totally panick, i'm not proud just honest.

obviously i don't know how to interpret digital pictures (i'm a nurse which makes any medical test ten times worse because i just google away...lol) but just want to be prepared if this is an obvious sign of something up.

thanks to anyone who takes a minute to answer. And to all of you my prayers are with you all. my mother is a breast cancer survivor of 8 years, i also have two friends my age who are past their five year mark.

god bless
karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

peace1910 HB User
Re: mammogram question

hi firepiper,

those bright spots are most likely calcium deposits and nothing to worry about. but obviously the radiologist will know for sure....almost all women have some of those...they are more concerned with very tiny calcium deposits and those you probably would not have even noticed. rest your mind until you know for sure.....hope this helps...............peace

Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you been tested for the gene mutation for familial breast cancer?

Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

Valley HB User

I just had a mammogram a few weeks ago, and they found a lump in my left breast, I had a biopsy and it was fine. But I was scared out of my mind while I waited for the results. Hopefully yours will be fine also.

Closed Thread