It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

wendysara HB User
Question Pain in my right breast

Hi~
I am 24 yrs old and I have recently been having some pain in my right breast. It comes and goes, but sometimes the pain is pretty severe, but that is not that often. Usually just a slight pain andit goes away. I felt around and feel no lumps. Does anyone have any advice

Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #2
(female)

icky120 HB User
Re: Pain in my right breast

I have also been getting pain in my left, sharp at times that comes and go. i do have a lump which i have had a biopsy on and it was fine.
I am 26 and the women explained to me that during your 20's women can have breast surges. this is where your breast are changing and hormones are changing. its lasts for around 3-4 months.

You should get it checked just to be sure. it sounds like what i am experiencing though.

The following user gives a hug of support to icky120:
Samantha T (10-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
(female)

wendysara HB User

It is kinda scary....I am kinda scared to feel for lumps too. Sometimes the pain is around my nipple and sometimes it is on the side of my breast near the underarm. The pain seems to feel like it is in the underarm sometimes. It is really weird. Thank you for your response. It makes me feel a little better. I was really worried about it being so young and already having breast problems. Thanks again

Old 12-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hergy HB User

Seeing a doctor will rest your mind. Pain means something's going on - whether it's harmless hormonal changes or something else, you should consult your doctor.

Youth doesn't grant you immunity from breast health issues. I get a similar pain in my breast that comes and goes. It's sharp, like a short lightning bolt. I asked my doctor about it, and an exam was performed. It turned out to be harmless - a sort of unexplained quirk.

Checking for lumps can be scary because you don't want to find anything. Some women are naturally a bit 'lumpy' so identifying the normal from the abnormal is difficult.

Get regular office exams and become familiar with the make-up of your own breasts. You'll be able to tell if something's not normal. Don't be afraid of your body. The unknown is a lot more frightening.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

newfie11 HB User

It is not unusual to have pain the the breasts. Many of the diagnostic mammograms we do are on women(of all ages) for breast pain. Pain is usually the last thing to show up in breast cancer.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
(female)

wendysara HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie11
It is not unusual to have pain the the breasts. Many of the diagnostic mammograms we do are on women(of all ages) for breast pain. Pain is usually the last thing to show up in breast cancer.
Well, that is a relief. I was a bit worried. So, what does it usually end up being that is causing these pains? For me, I have been told that it is hormonal changes. I have been growing in that area lately and since they are bigger, I have not had any pains....does this sound logical to you?? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

newfie11 HB User

I have no answer for you. Hormones are the standard answer. When you see your doctor ask him/her.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Was your pain like quick, sharp intermittent stabs that could be anywhere on that particular breast? I have been getting quick little sharp intermittent jabs of pain in one breast for 4 days now. I had a core biopsy in February for microcalcifications that were benign. Then 43 days later I had a breast infection in that breast. Now that I am off antibiotics I have this intermittent pain. The doctor wants me to have another ultrasound and mammogram when I just had a mammogram in February. Has your pain subsided yet?

Closed Thread