It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

michelleono HB User
i discovered a small lump in my armpit

I was exercising and noticed a small lump (about the size of a large pea) under my left armpit. It doesn't hurt to press on it, but I can't tell if it is moveable. I did have some itching under my armpit a few weeks ago. I didn't think anything of it. A friend in the medical profession told me to watch it for 30 days (changes in size, pain,...). I am concerned and wonder if I should wait that long. What would be the first step to determine if this is cancer or just a benign cyst?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

tarthur1966 HB User
Re: i discovered a small lump in my armpit

I don't know your age, but I would not take any chances I would go see a doctor. It may not be anything, but why take the chance. I had a lump under my arm pit last year and waited to see a doctor, until we had health insurnace. I had a mammogram on Nov 11, 2006, and since then have had to have a mastectomy, and have to start chemo in Jan. Please take my advice and see a doctor. I am not trying to scare you, I am just concerned and would not wish what I am going through on any one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

newfie11 HB User
Re: i discovered a small lump in my armpit

michelleono ,
The lump could be anything from a benign lymph node, ingrown hair to breast ca. If you are concerned, see a doctor and get an ultrasound. Lumps should always be ultrasounded if they are abnormal. If you are premenopausal I would not wait to long to see a doctor if this changes.

Last edited by newfie11; 01-03-2007 at 03:29 AM.

Closed Thread