It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #16
(female)

Jezzie25 HB User
Re: Role Call

Just wondering if anyone notices an odor near where the lymph nodes were removed. Strange question! I notice it only after sleeping...I do have night sweats, but if I sweat during the day, there is no smell....my friend said maybe it was the way I slept on the arm. Just interested.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #17
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi teresa. had doctors today and was told i am doing really well as my cancer was caught really early the chances are it won't return. i feel alot happier now. hope you are well
love phyl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #18
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

dEAR Phyl, I just wanted to say..congrats to you on that awesome report from the dr., time to take a deep breathe now!!
be well,
cj.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #19
(female)

Teresa 51 HB User

Phyl that is great news!!!! We have an expression that we use on this board (started by a dear member) to celebrate good news: Woooooooo Whoooooooooo!!!

CJ My appt with my podiatrist went very well. He said there may be several things going on with my foot.(one foot is worse than the other) He wants me to try and stretch out a ligament that runs through my heel and up the back of my leg. If my foot is not better in two weeks, he will get an MRI. He really sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I was to have blood drawn today but someone couldn't find a vein...I'm going again Friday. Also, I have lost six pounds these last two weeks. It's a good thing for me.

How the beach CJ? Phyl, What's the weather like there? Phyl, do you have any hobbies?

Stay in touch!
Teresa OOOOOO-hugs

Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #20
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi teresa hope you get on okay.Weather here is very overcast but humid today. Usual good old scottish weather.Bet its boiling where you are.I don't have many hobbies just swimming, watching my 16 year old play basketball and listening to my favourite singer/song writer Barry Gibb.I am absolutely mad about him.My sons laugh at me.What about you. What are your hobbies? keep well and in touch.I don't know how to do the smilies
love phyl

Old 05-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

Hey Tee, that sounds like what I have...plantar fasciitis, and thats how they treat it..with stretching. I went for pt. for 2+months and they help to stretch it and show you certain exercises you can do at home..I just went to a podiatrist yesterday..and he said the same thing..he also wants me on a NSAID for 2weeks just to keep down the inflammation..The MRI will show him if there is any spurrs...I will do the same as well if this doesnt go away soon.
It takes alot of work..so many women on the AI's seem to complain of this same problem, i wonder it it is connected somehow?
Dont you just hate it when they cant find the vein..I now ask them to use a baby needle, this way the vein doesnt collapse or roll around on them..it hurts to have them dig over and over again..sorry that you have to go through that.
SIX POUNDS IN TWO WEEKS!!!!THAT IS AWESOME..YOU ARE AWESOME..WAY TO GO TEE!!! how are you doing that, let me know your secret!
Yes, the beach is wonderful, I was there today with my 20yr old daughter..so relaxing..and a nice breeze to ..love spending time with her!! shes beautiful inside and out!! how hot is it there in TN?
PHYL- I love Barry Gibb too..the BEEGEes were always one of my favs.
I hear scotland is a beautiful place..do you just love it there?

hugs to all,
cj.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #22
(female)

Phyllis55 HB User

This is my first time here. I was diagnosed about six weeks ago with pajets and DIC and cancer in the lymph nodes. Actualy the lymph nodes were diagnosed after the surgery. Everything is happening so quickly I have not been able to absorb it all. Had surgery a couple of weeks ago, no more left breast, and will be going back to surgery in the next week or two to have more lymph nodes removed then on to chemo and radiation. The wound from my drain tube got infected a couple days after I came home, and almost was put back in the hospital. I still have the drain tube, and was told will have another one put in on this surgery. I have been making an effort to appear upbeat and positive for my family, but that is really getting tiring on me and they don't want to hear me say any thing negative or depressing. I am sick already of the "pep" talks.
I also suffer from fybromyalgia and mulitple arthritis and osteoperosis. The doctor put me on Tramadal for pain maintance and cymbalta for the depression and pain and fatigue control of the fybro. The cymbalta is amazing the way it helps the other medication with the control of pain and fatigue much better than the elvil and it dosn't give you a drugged or tired feeling.
I hope everyone is able to enjoy a nice weekend.
Phyllis

Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #23
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

Hi Phyllis, first let me say I am so sorry about your cancer dx..but welcome here to this board..There are so many lovely ladies here..you will find alot of support..and always someone to vent to! You have really been through so much already! I too remember those drainage tubes..and really hated them, I was lucky that my husband took care of them for me, at that time I was just so unable to deal with it all.
You mention your family...do you have children? I do, three..it was a very tough time for them, my hubby, brothers and sisters, and my parents.
I remember having so many different emotions..I cried alot, it felt good to get it out..Is there any way that you could tell your family that you really would like to share your honest feelings with them? It would probably be a big release for you to have someone you could talk to...someone who would listen. And of course you can always come here..weve all been down that road too!! I find it comforting to talk to the ladies here, who I know understand the emotions behind the words.
Will you be having any radiation, or chemo? I did 8 rounds of chemo..I never got sick..just tired.
We have all the same kind of problems, fibro, osteo and arthritis too. I have taken both Tramadol and cymbalta..I had a tough time getting off tramadol so I dont take that anymore, and when we upped the dose on the cymbalta to get better results..I was way too tired..So far the elavil and relefen have been pretty much okay for me...just the past 3 days I think I am having a fibro flare-up and my legs are really bothering me!! I may call on Monday to see if I should up the elavil.. I will see how this weekend goes.Its so funny how what is great for one person, isnt for someone else..our bodies react so differently to all these drugs.
Well Phyllis, please keep posting and let us all know what is happening with you... I am sure the other ladies will be saying hi too...everyone is so sweet here!!
hugs to you,
cj.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #24
(female)

Linda49er HB User

Hi there everyone

Ah ha!!!!! found ya Cj and Teeeee lol. I kept watchin on the other page (arimidex) and thought I lost ya but here ya are

Hi to all the ladies here as well. Sorry you have to be here but a pleasure meeting you all. I won't try to catch up to allllllll the msgs here but will say keep the faith and don't give up. As Cj said I think it was, so much advancement in treatment in the last 20 years. Just learn all ya can and take charge of your life

I agree that you can't keep things hide inside you. I did that for a while and would try and not let my family catch me crying. I gave up on that and just explained to them its just part of dealing with my diagnosis and I need to be able and cry once in a while. I member my hubby got so worried if he came home from work and I was laying down. I told him I'm only taking a nap and that I was ok, nothing was wrong. He still worries tho but I'd never give him up in a minute. Lexapro 20 mg has really helped me, and xanax.

I am now a 1 year and 2 day survivor of BC woooooooooooo hoooooooooo lol. I was diagnosed last May 30th, 2006. I had Stage III, 5/10 nodes positive, er positive. I also have a family history of Breast cancer. Mine was Intraductal/intralobular cancer of the left breast. I had a lumpectomy 6/15/06 followed by a bad infection; auto accident 7/7/06 totalling my van when a lady hit me 95% headon busting my lumpectomy incision 1/2 open; followed by a simple mastectomy on 7/13/06 followed by a bad infection and ending up in the hospital with cellulitis of the left chest wall with staph.

I also had 8 treatments of chemo, 4 with adriamycin and cytoxan and then 4 treatments of taxol, followed by 31 doses of radiation. I am now on Arimidex and doing okay. Tiredness is my main complaint, i've decided it will never go away so I just live with it. I have Valley Fever, but stable, but that can be contributing to my tiredness and soreness as well. Then I'm also diabetic so that makes my healing very slow or slower than normal. You see I am very special lol.

I live in Arizona in the Valley of the Sun. Today was 102 and the rest of the week is supposed to be 106 to 108....here comes summer!!! I have been married to the same man for 37 yrs come this august. We have 3 adult children.....2 girls and 1 boy. My oldest is 28 and youngest is 21. My family has been very caring and supportive of me through all of this and visa versa. It has really brought us closer. I have had a very positive attitude with this and feel that has really kept me sane (ok cj and tee no comments lolol).

Teee...did you ever get a support for your shoe for your plantar fascitis? That is one thing that really cured mine. Not the $2 Scholl ones but a good $20 insert plus and anti-inflammatory. I haven't had problems now with mine for three or four years. Cj...I envie you at the beaches but in a way I don't because every time I stand on the sand I feel like i'm sinking and run back to shore lolol. Yup chicken!!!!!!!!!

Again, welcome to the board Phyl, jezell, lea and i'm gonna see if I missed anyone lol. one sec!! And Phyllis I can't get pass this page lol.

Take care all!!
Huggggggsssssss!!!

See ya soon,
Linda

Last edited by Linda49er; 06-01-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #25
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

YEAHHHHH LINDA....YOUR BACK!! MISSED YOU..
We are all still here, hanging around..there have been some newbies come along..sound like really nice ladies..I hope they will stay around too!!
106-108 Who could sit at a beach when its that hot.. its 89 here today, and Im not liking it too much..we have awful humidity here in N.Y.
But I love spending the time with my daughter..I miss her so when shes away at college..
Guess what??? MY KNEES FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!! I am done with the shots and getting alot of relief!! YES!!!
Are you still walking and getting some exercise?? I guess it must be hard to do that in that kind of heat!! BUt I hope you are keeping up with some kind of moving around..I so swear by it!! I think its really good too for keeping the beast from coming back!!
glad you found us!!!
cj.
ps..Look for my thread...LINDA Where are you??? me and Tee were worried for you!!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #26
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi cjammon hope you have had a good weekend enjoying your good weather. Scotland is dull and rainy just now but i do love it. Beautiful scenery and people. I have two sons aged 16 and 9 who i love with all my heart.I see we have another phyllis on board. Its not a very common name in scotland. I have my herceptin treatment tomorrow. Is it just the same in the states . Keep well and chat soon.I would love to chat to other ladies or men but having trouble getting the hang of this site. I'm new to computers. Take care

Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #27
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

Hey Phyl, its nice hearing from you!!
Yes it was a beautiful weekend..very hot just about 90..but raining right now..we have alot of humidity here in new york, so when its hot, you really feel hot and sweaty! I bet it is a beautiful place..and wonderful people too!!
I have 3 children, 23,20 and 15, and I too love them more than anything in this world!! and that is why I will fight so hard to win the battle against breast cancer or any other disease..I want to be here for them..to see them through marriage and to be a grandma!!
I am all finished with my treatments..I go every 3mths to my onc. for a checkup and so far I have been good..just having some side effects from the aromatose inhibitor that I take (arimidex).
Congrats on getting the computer..I love it, there is so much to learn out there, and I have conversed with many lovely people too!!
Just wondering..have you ever been to the states??
I'll ask my lady friends here to come say hi!!
hugs,
cj.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #28
(female)

Teresa 51 HB User

Hello to you all,

I have had 'puter' problems the last couple of days. Glad to be back.

Phyl, I am an ole Bee Gee's fan from way back. I liked the them before they make it big. I was really sorry when Maurice died.
Phyl, we all had a hard time getting used to this site-computer wise that is. Linda actually gave us lessons and gradually we mastered this beast. If you are having a particular problem just ask for help. We might know the answer.

Phyllis, those drains are !@#$! Nobody knows; of course we do! I am glad to know about the cymbalta. I believe I need to try some; I have fibro as well. I believe that goes hand in hand with BC. I am glad you found us and we found you!

Linda, Linda...what to address first the heat or the inserts? The heat-Girl, I'll never complain about our heat again.(how many of you realize this is a fib?) Well, when I do complain, I'll think about 103 degrees. How's that?

Linda, I tried insoles...I think they made my foot worse. I believe my body is trying to curl up, draw up or what ever. I need some serious stretching!!!

CJ, you are right, what may help one person (medicine wise) may not help another. I have three children, grown, all girls. I can't imagine my life without them.

CJ, I glad your knee are better. Hopefully we can get mobile soon. I have my gyno appt tomorrow. If you remember, I haven't been in a while. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Fingers typed out...I know you ladies. I can almost see you faces, well, I can feel your spirits. Luv ya.

Teresa

Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #29
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

I was thinkin bout you today Tee ..and wondering what was going on with you..So proud your taking the leap and seeing your gyn. doc! Yipee!!
I am sure you will be fine..I just got my reminder card in the mail..even after having a hysterectomy I still cant get rid of that yucky chore!!
Kids are great arent they...makes life worth livin!!! even though they can be a real pain in the butt sometimes..my daughter is home from college..love her dearly but these late nights out have gotta stop..l ol
have you ever taken elavil? I started recently on that for the fibro, and I like it..no drugged out feeling for me, just some grogginess in the a.m.
As you can see from the time on the post...yes I am still up, this insomnia is getting crazy!!
glad you got the puter up and running!
hugs,
cj.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #30
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi everyone.Had my second dose of herceptin today and coping well. Hope everyone has had a good day.Just read in our newspaper that the type of bc that i had is an aggressive type. Thats the first i've heard that .Feeling abit dumped after the good news hospital gave me last week.Got to remain positive though. Anyone else her2 positive out there? Keep in touch everyone love phyl

Closed Thread