It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #61
(female)

Jillery HB User
Re: Roll Call

Hello all fellow "club" members. I'm a newbee here!

5 years ago my Mom passed from a very long term illness, November 2005 my Dad passed from a form of Lukemia, and my Aunt/best friend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. (Grandma had Breast cancer too.. years ago)

I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 kiddes. I was diagnosed June 2006 with stage 3a invasive ductal carcinoma. I had a lump plus 3 positive lymphnodes. I went thru 4 rounds of chemo, then a double mast. with lymphnodes removed of course, then 3 more rounds of chemo (had a massive allergic reaction to taxol so I had to do more Ac + 5fu) 30 some rounds of radiation, then after all that they removed my ovaries and tubes (im bracII positive) I'm now suppose to be on Arimidex but it made me so sick achy and tired. I'm now debating on going back on Tamoxifin...just not sure what I wanna do.

Thru all this my Aunt and I shared the same Doctors, hospitals, and some medications believe it or not! She passed away May of this year .......2 months after my cousin age 39 was diagnosed with Stage 4 terminal brain cancer (melanoma) WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!?!?!?!?!?!

Deep Breath! Ok.. NOW I feel better. I've never really been able to say all this in one breath to anyone. No one knows what you go thru really.

Well I just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself. I have a feeling i'll be needing/seeing/reading a lot more of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #62
(female)

PHYL45 HB User

Hi All This Is Phyl45 Just Wanted To Check In And See How All My New Friendsare Doing..went For Mri This Moening It Wasnt As Bad As I Thought They Did It With Me Lying On My Stomach So I Really Dcouldnt See Anything.. And I Also Took A Xanax..was Told After Mri I May Need To Have Some More Biopsies Done As They Sometimes Find Things They Dint See Before..amd Goin To See Surgeon On July 25th..the Nurse Navigator Where I Got My Mri Done Recommended That I Do A Journal Of All This.. Becuase I Have 2 Daughters And It Could Helpthem Someday...very Tried Lately Not Sleeping So Good At Nite ..trying To Be Positve But Keep Thinking Of Things Like Giving My Jewelry To Which Daughter..taking A Vacation ..i Dont Know I Guess Its All Normal But All And Alll Im Pretty Upbeat(someitmes Lol) And I Know It Will Be Alright..take Care All Love To Everyone And Lots Of Prayers...be Back ;ater..love You Guys Phyl45

Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #63
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Jillery,
So glad you wrote in. I am 39 single parent of 3 kids and was diag. in March 07, had a double mast. and lymphnodes removed. Have had 4 rounds of A/C now on to Taxol. Had one round last week, 3 more to go. Have stage 2, 4 lymphnodes positive. That is too bad about the reaction to Taxol, so you had to do more of the A/C? I will have expanders put in, then 6 weeks of radiation.
How are you feeling now? It must feel good to be done with it huh. So sorry to hear about all your bad news. That is too bad. You just have to take one day at a time I guess. Some days are better than others, but it is what it is and there is nothing we can do. You are a real strong person to have gone through all of that.
Take Care and write back when you can, this is a great site we are all here for you if you want to chat or vent.
JoJo

Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #64
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Phyl45,
Good job with the MRI, it is always worse not knowing what to expect. It is hard to lay still but you did it. Keep us posted on how you make out, I will say a prayer for you. Maybe you can get something to sleep at night. Talk to your doctor, It is such a stressful time you mind goes crazy. Stay positive, you will do it. One thing down, just take one day at a time.
Talk to you soon,'
JoJo

Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #65
(female)

Linda49er HB User

Hi yas JoJo!!!!!!!

hey how goes it girl????? hi to everyone else as well

how's the treatments jojo? i just got back last nite from 3 week vacation wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overdue. had an excellent time. went to washington state and montana. was good to get home but geeshhhhhhh this heat!!!!! 119 last week hope it doesn't come back for a while.

hey jojo, have you see cj or tee????????? how they doing? didn't see any new posts from them yet.

take care. hope all is well with everyone. will try and read this and catch up soon.

hugggggggggggggggggggs,
Linda

Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #66
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Linda...so glad to hear from you. That is just great you took a vacation. Good for you, that must have felt great. 119 omg, we are in the high 70's, nice enough for me. Finished 4 A/C treatments now onto Taxol. Had my first one last Friday. Really no side effects, way better drug so far. Three more to go. I have not heard from Cj or Tee. Hopefully they are vacationing. Missed you, talk to you soon.
JoJo

Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #67
(female)

Jillery HB User

WOW jojo.. u doing ok thru all this? 3 kids on your own!?? Do you have a good support group around you? (Family wise)??

Wait til its all over with.. you wont believe how much better you'll feel

Nice to hear from ya.... keep me posted on how youre doing!

Jill

Ps I hear the taxol is much much easier to handle... and radiation wasnt to bad.. i was just tired beyond belief! Make sure you put the creams on they give you... that helps with the burns

Last edited by Jillery; 07-12-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #68
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Jillery,

How are you? Omg the Taxol is way better than the A/C, well I have only had one treatment but feel good compared to the A/C. It's been tough but I am staying positive. The kids are great, I have awesome family and friends who are just wonderful. You really know who your friends are when something like this happens. Sometimes I feel frustrated like at night when its just me and the kids and I don't want to always burden them. I just keep a lot to myself. But I am still working and that keeps my mind busy. How long did it take your hair to grow back after you stopped chemo? And also how long did it take for you to feel good after you stopped. Thanks and take care.
JoJo

Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #69
(female)

Linda49er HB User

Hey there JoJo!!

Good to hear from you yea the heat is terrible. our ac works but when it gets so dang hot it doesn't work as well it seems.

so u are done with a/c??? wow that is awesome and one taxol down!!! man u are booking girl!!! the hard part is almost over Taxol was the hardest for me. Glad ur doing well on it. The doc told me it was easier and it wasn't. But glad i'm done with it and you are almost there!!! I am sooooooo proud of you!!! Now can you think back to the day before your first chemo and how scared u were? And look at u now I hope you are remembering to rest too

I don't remember cj going on vacation but I'm gonna call her later today to make sure. I've only been back since the 10th so haven't been online alot yet. My housework is much needed since we been gone 3 weeks lol.

I don't know where Tee has gone to haven't seen a post from her since way before my vacation Hope she comes back.

Talk to you soon!!! Tc and congrats on your progress

Love & Huggs,
Linda

p.s. how is your hair doing?????????????

Last edited by Linda49er; 07-13-2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: forgot to sign note & ps

Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #70
(female)

Linda49er HB User

Hey JoJo and all

Just got done talking to Cj. She is on vacation at her lake house for the summer. Having a good time too. Things were so hectic at home for 2 weeks before she left she said she didn't get a chance to come online and let everyone she was going on vacation.

JoJo..she said congrats on your chemo treatments and to keep up the good work!

Just wish we could hear from Teeeee Hope she is okay.

Will talk to you soon, tc!!!!

Hugggggggggs,
Linda

Old 07-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #71
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Linda,
Thanks for letting me know where CJ is? Good for her, hope she is having a ball. Wish we could her from Teresa!!
Thanks for all the positive thoughts. My red counts were down today so I had to have a shot. I guess it has no side effects thank god.
I have a tiny bit of fuzz, not sure if the taxol will make it come out.
Oh well, it is such a nice night out going to go grab dinner.
Take Care and have a great weekend.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #72
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Purplemoon0130,
I just replied to you on another thread. Glad you wrote in, I am going in for reconstruction in Sept, after chemo but before radiation. I am having expanders put in which they "pump" up, they stay in for 6 months then implants going in. Glad to hear you are happy with yours. I am looking forward to it. How was the recovery with having your tissue and skin used?

Old 07-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #73
(female)

Jillery HB User

Hey Jojo.. I hope you're doing well.

My hair was coming in around the middle of the radiation treatment. I started feeling "normal" maybe a couple months after radiation. For me the hardest part was the AC ...I almost chickened out on the last one.. I just didnt want to do anymore.

A couple more and you'll be done with chemo!!!!! You have radiation after right? I started treatment July 5th 2006 and my last chemo was Nov. 6 and just as my doctor said.. "you'll feel back to normal a full year from your first treatment". I just kept that in my head every day. It all feels like it happened so long ago.

Keep up all the hard work! Your almost done!!!!!

Hey, how old are your kids??

Jill

Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #74
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi jill do you really feel back to normal?My first chemo was in nov06 and finished 14th feb 07. Does that mean by november i will feel alot less tired and have more energy?
love phyl41

Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #75
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Jillery,

That sounded like me with the last A/C treatment. I was going but really dreaded it. I am having 6 weeks of radiation after. I am having expanders put in before the radiation though. My kids are 11, 14 and 16. They are great and a huge help. Well I cant wait to feel really good and get some energy back. Have a great week and thanks for the advice.
JoJo

Closed Thread