It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #76
(female)

tam45 HB User
Re: Roll Call

Hi all. My name is Tam. I was dx with melanoma in January and then DCIS in March. I've had 3 lumpectomies. There were some small invasive cells found with my 2nd lumpectomy and I am now facing a mastectomy. Thought it was time to join a forum.

So far I am doing OK. Have had my moments but mostly OK. I meet with my plastic surgeon tomorrow and we'll schedule the surgery. No radiation will be necessary but will need Chemo along with my interferon. It's going to be a fun year :-/.

Glad to found these boards. . .

Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #77
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

Hi Tam,
Glad you found this board, it is great. So many nice people and awesome advice. Sorry to hear whats going on with you. I know it is a tough deal, but stay positive and you will get through it. Day by day. I had a bilateral mast in April, and having my 6th chemo treatment this Friday. Keep us posted with what is going on with you, we are all here to help. And wish you well.
Take Care,
JoJo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #78
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi tam nice to hear from you just wish it was under better circumstances. Keep your chin up and remain positive
best wishes phyl41

Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #79
(female)

Jillery HB User

Awe Tam, sorry to hear This forum seems great.. I just wish I found this a year ago! Take 1 day/week at a time.. "This too shall pass" (my Mom would always say)

Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #80
(female)

Jillery HB User

I ride my bike 8 miles round trip to work and back (couple times a week)... I'm run/walking 30 minutes at a crack... I really DO have my energy back! But let me say during treatment.. I was counting how many steps to the car debating if I could make it or not cuz I was soooooooo tired. I just cant believe its over. I'm so scared of it coming back, its hard to live like a "normal" person. It really changed me.. I have a lot more courage now...not afraid of much anymore ...except cancer.

Hugs!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #81
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hi jill , how long was it until your energy came back?Iam back at my work a couple of days a week and feeling tired. I was diagnosed in sept06 and still having adjuvant treatment
hugs phyl41

Old 08-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #82
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User

Hi everyone!! I am home for only one day..vacationing at my lakehouse and enjoying the sunshine!! I hope youre getting to enjoy some peaceful summer days as well..
Ive seen many new names here..sorry that you have had to come here to join this group..either having breast cancer or being there for someone else..but it has helped me tremendously to talk to other women experiencing some of the same issues I have...this is really a good place to come, get advice, and just vent to others who know first hand what it feels like to go through this breast cancer journey..
I will be back when summer is over..but I wanted to stop in and say hi to all my buddies here..I think of you all often!!
hugs,
cj.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #83
(female)

phyl41 HB User

hey phyllis i thought i would just check and see how you were getting on with your treatment ?Hope that you are keeping okay
thinking of you phyl41

Closed Thread