It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

andreanna HB User
Arm pit pain

I am 34 years old. Today I noticed that when I put my left arm all the way down my arm pit hurts. I tried to feel if there was a lump but didnt really notice anything. When I put my arm up and try to feel if it hurts to the touch I cant really tell because it is still sore from it being down.

What I am wondering is I have been having heart issues. Some small procedures and many tests. I have had 2 chest xrays ( when I had post surgery pneumonia) 2 chest ct scans all in the last month. Due to my heart issues. Wouldn't any sort of lump or breast mass or cancer shown up? Or in the zillion blood draws I had shown something? Elevated WBC or something?

Tomorrow I am having a heat MRI so i doubt anything would show up in that. I guess my worry ( besides actually there beign a breast issue) is that this heart thing has me soo depressed and worried for my life and quality of life that I wonder if I am seeing and feeling others things as a sense of impending doom. I do have depression and anxiety issue and have had thought of I wondered why it seems sooo many others have bad things happen all the time and for the most part I have been lucky. Besides my heart issues. My mom even beat Lung Cancer. Although my grandma did die of breast cancer after it spread.

I know this got long IM sorry. But what do you think. Should I just make a gyno appointment anyway just t see. But I just dont feel lump. With my family history of cancer maybe my insurance would cover a mamo before age 40?

Thank you for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: Arm pit pain

Hi Andreanna

Sounds like you've been through alot. It is most likely something unrelated to cancer, but to be sure, you could schedule an appointment with the gyn. Sometimes these things can just be a matter of fluctuating hormones when you have pain, tenderness under the arm etc.

I did have a lump under my arm many yrs ago. Went to my internist and he said wait 3 mths to see if hormonal. - Sure enough, it went away after a couple of mths.

Hope this helps.
Leea

Closed Thread