It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

whyme727 HB User
Red face A bit nervous about mammo done

Hi everyone,

Well I just became 40 and I went for my mammogram - which I had been nervous about but went anyway. I had one done 9 years ago and it was normal. The technician for some reason showed me my mammo in case I was interested - big mistake on my part-while looking at them 1 looked totally clear but the other one looked clear but in the middle I saw a white stringy, little chunky like marks and when I asked her she of course could not tell me anything other than they have to compare it to see if this is my normal breast tissue. So now I am wondering did she see something and could not tell me? I know I have to wait a week or so for the results but in the mean time I needed to vent and say I am a nervous wreck!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cjammom HB User
Re: A bit nervous about mammo done

Hi WHYME, I totally understand how nervous you are..waiting for test results is the most awful feeling!! Anyway can you talk to the doc who ordered the mammo and get him to call for the results? I would give that a try..usually the docs are pretty understanding about that sort of stuff..
Try not to let yourself think the worst..I know its easier said than done.
You are welcome to vent any time you need to!! Thats what we are here for..there are so many awesome ladies here!!
Bless you,
hugs,
cj.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

peacefrog HB User
Re: A bit nervous about mammo done

I had one in feb. and the tech left to check it and came right back and said they had to redo it, they saw something. They took another set, and I waited while they checked it. They definitely saw a lump, but felt it was nothing to worry about. HA, yeah, right. I was to come back in 6 months for a recheck. I just did that and the lump was still there, but no bigger, so they determined it to be benign. It happens alot this way, and I hope yours is the same.. try not to worry..yeah right..

Closed Thread