It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

Aryes517 HB User
Normal Mammography but want Ultrasound

I have fibrocystic breasts. I have had one cyst that i have watched since i was 21, im now 42. Just changed gynocologists and of course she wanted to do a complete exam. I told her that about the fibrocystic breasts and the cyst. I also told her I was due for my period. She decided she wanted to do the exan anyway. Of course she felt the lumpiness as well as the cyst and because i was due for a mammography she ordered one along with an
ultrasound. I had the mammo done on Monday, nothing abnormal, but because they can feel the cyst they still want me to have the ultasound.

I have had 2 mammographies for this in the past, nothing abnormal has shown. Does anyone know why they would want an ultrasound on something that i have had for 21 years and that doesnt show on a mammography? I have been dealing with another cancer scare and just dont have the energy to worry about anything else right now. Especially something that i have had for so long.

Thanks
~Lisa

Old 11-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

freckles47 HB User
Re: Normal Mammography but want Ultrasound

Hi Lisa,
They (docs) told me that sometimes a cyst can hide something, so they investigate further. In my case that was a good thing. Mine didn't show up on mammography. I'm almost three weeks post surgery and getting ready for a short chemo, then radiation. Just glad they found it early.
Will be thinking about you.
Freckles

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
(female)

Aryes517 HB User
Re: Normal Mammography but want Ultrasound

Thanks freckles

My sister-in-law just finished her chemo and radiation and she is doing great. She is having a problem with fluid retention in her arm due to the removal of the lymph nodes, but she goes for therapy and that seems to help.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care
~Lisa

Closed Thread