It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
(male)

prouddad98 HB User
Exclamation Possible breast cancer

My wife went into for an ultrasound biopsy yesterday and the lady that did it for her said the mass has new nerve growth around the mass and that made it very painful. I do not know much about cancer but is seems to me that cancer kills tissue and new nerve growth around the mass may be a good sign.
Can breast tumors with cancer have new nerve growth?

Old 11-09-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
(male)

prouddad98 HB User
Re: Possible breast cancer

We got bad news last night, the Doctor called us because my wife was going nuts not knowing. Our Dr. had been in surgery all day and was not able to call us until last night. We (my wife) has breast cancer. We do not know the type yet, but he said something about it not being a cancer caused by hormones, not sure what that means. I told my wife about this web sight and that I will help her set up her own screen name so she can make some friends and get through this. We are new at this so any input would be great.

Last edited by prouddad98; 11-09-2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
(female)

marie88 HB User

im so sorry to hear about your news, Just try and stay strong (both of you) and concentrate on a full recovery.If your Wife or yourself feel the need to ask any questionnes or just to chat im here.
Take good care of yourselfs.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

We do not see the Dr. until the 13th so I called him today to get more information. He said it is called Infiltrating Carcinoma with lumpy features and calcification. He also told us to bring a list of questions for our meeting. If anybody can help us out on what types of questions to ask that I might not think of I would be thankful.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

We go in on Thursday for a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy. I showed her this web sight and she is not quite ready to get on here and talk. I think after she gets some help from the cancer care center she will be ready to interact with more people with the same issues and listen to all the great people that have survived this life altering disease and have moved on to very enjoyable productive lives, and cry and tell her story to new people going through this in the future.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
(male)

prouddad98 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Possible breast cancer

The surgery went well, and the node was negative. Now we wait for more results and then start chemo.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

The node being negative is great news! You are both in my prayers. Please update us when you can.

Nancy

Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

Well we are nearly 4 weeks past surgery and in the last week she has had a breast MRI, a full body cat scan, bone scan and a heart scan. And now today due to the MRI results she is having a fine needle aspiration on two nodes. All these tests are due to the fact that her cancer is HER-2 positive. That means it is more aggressive and can spread fast. We find out the results of all the above tests on the 17th and on the 19th she gets her chemo port and with any luck the 2 large nodes will be cancer free and that will be it and we can start chemo.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

We are one day after surgery number two, they removed 8 to 14 nodes, we will not know how many for sure until the lab looks at them. We hope that only the two found about 10 days ago in the MRI are the only two that are positive. She also had her power port so if all goes well she starts chemo on January 2nd. She will have a total of 60 weeks of treatment. 4 doses of one type of aggressive chemo then she will start another type of chemo for 4 doses, at the same time she will start Herseptin and that will last 52 weeks. At some time during this ordeal she will have radiation. Wow what a bunch to take in.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User

Prayers and good thoughts for you and your wife. Please continue to update.
I was dxed in May of 06. It is surreal at times but she WILL get through it.
Hoping the chemo goes well for her.
Leea

Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

No results on the nodes yet due to the Christmas break. But she went to the ER on Christmas due to abdominal pain and found out that she has gallstones. So yesterday they removed the remains of three gallstones and we find out today when she will have her gallbladder removed. They do not believe that the gallbladder and her breast cancer are related. Just another wrench in the gears of her recovery, they did send the stones to the lab for biopsy results.

Last edited by prouddad98; 12-27-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

We are 7 days into chemo, the gallbladder went well, no cancer found. As far as her lymph nodes they took a total of 18 and the 2 they knew about and one more had cancer cells. Chemo is rough; she can’t handle too much fat in her food due to the gallbladder then add on the side affects of the Adriamycin/Cytoxan. She will do that every three weeks for a total of four times then she will start Taxol with the same schedule. She will also start Herceptin at the same time and that will last one year, once every week. I can’t recall when she will do radiation, I think after chemo is over and it seems like that will last ten or 12 straight days. If you do not have cancer I highly suggest a cancer policy like Aflac. I have an Aflac cancer policy and it has paid most of my co-pays.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #13
(female)

JOJO39 HB User

My prayers and thoughts are with your wife and yourself. I also went through 4 treatments of A/C and four treatments of taxol. I finished 6 weeks of radiation the end of November. One chemo down for her that is great. Just keep positive she will get through this. Every treatment she has is closer to the end. The taxol was much easier for me. Please keep us posted on how she is doing and ask any questions that you have,
JoJo

Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
(male)

prouddad98 HB User

We are 12 days into chemo and she has painful sores (pimple like) on her neck and head. Has anybody gone through this side affect? Any tips on how to make them less painful? Other than that she is sleepy.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User

Prouddad...First off, let me say that I will be diligently praying for your wife, and for you, and the rest of your family. As you know already, cancer affects the whole family, not just the patient. Your wife is so very blessed to have you by her side, to love on her, and to gather information on and research her diagnosis.

The Good Lord has a perfect plan, and He is the Great Healer and the Great Physician. He already knows the date and time in which your wife will delcare, "I am cancer free." Though this struggle may be grueling at times, you will get through it together, and I believe, you'll both be stronger than ever! Please know that the people on these boards are amazing, so feel free to come and vent, laugh, cry, rejoice, or whatever will make you/your wife feel better each day.

In a time like this, Jeremiah 29:11 makes me feel better...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I look forward to being with you both throughout this journey in prayer. And I look forward to the day when your precious wife is cancer-free!! That day will be here sooner than you think! So, keep that chin up, and know that the medical field has come SO far with treatment for your wife's condition. May God bless you all.

Closed Thread