It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
(female)

1Lady HB User
New Member/Breast Cancer?

I know I shouldn't be so scared ... and yet I'm petrified. Don't know why ... keep telling myself I'm over-reacting, but it's not helping any.

I started getting pain in my right breast a week ago, doctor saw me immediately and found a small lump ... went for a mammogram and ultrasound on Tuesday after that and both showed absolutely no lump ... the doctor felt the lump and so did I afterwards ... but somehow it has now disappeared ... however the pain still exists ... so the doctor is sending me to a surgeon today to see about getting a biopsy to check for inflammatory breast cancer?

I still don't understand all of this ... she says that 15% of breast cancers don't show a lump ... but I had a lump and it disappeared??? Confused right now ... and scared out of my mind.

You would think I would be better at this because I've been ill for 21 years with Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes and everything that goes along with those diseases ... but I'm scared beyond coping.

Thanks for listening and if anyone has any advice on what to do with the fear ... I do have a bad feeling about this ... so how do you handle breast cancer and the fear???

Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

Shirley M HB User
Re: New Member/Breast Cancer?

I too have breast cancer and I'm also afraid . The only answer to this that
I have found is to trust God with your whole heart and soul. I told God that
his will be done,not mine. So it's no longer in my hands but in his very capable
hands. He knows the future and we don't.
Hugs Shirley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

danedog HB User

You handle breast cancer just like any other cancer: cancer is a systemic degenerative disease, you have to change your inner terrain to make the cancer pack it's bags, that is the ONLY way. If you don't, you will have recurrence after recurrence. Do not rely on the conventional methods Cut/burn/poison, they DO NOT work. Do searches on Alternative cancer treatments, be prepared to do a lot of reading and research, there are over 300 alternative methods of killing cancer. Thousands of people have cured their cancer, and they all have one thing in common: they changed their diet, drastically. Apart from that, there is a host of other things you have to do incl. Cleansing the blood and body, strengthening the immune system, supplementing with vitamins and trace elements, etc. etc. Seek and you shall find, but you shall not find the answer at the Oncs !!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I'm betting you have a cyst......not breast cancer.
breast cancer doesn't disappear on an ultrasound.......cysts will come and go.
put your mind at ease.....cysts are tender.....from what I've heard a cancerous lump is not painful

Old 01-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #5
(female)

amwells HB User

Hi 1Lady. I'm from Australia and I had breast cancer 2 years ago now and I also found it only by getting a pain in my right breast, so yes you can get pain from breast cancer. Also it does show on ultrasoiunds but it is best to have a mammogram in conjunction with it. But your doctor will know all of this and the very best thing is to have a biopsy like you are scheduled to do. I knew within an hour of my biopsy that I had invasive cancer of the lobule. My lump was quite large (3.5 cm) and I did have to have my breast removed after a few ops and tests. My advice to you is that to stay with modern medicine. By all means you can change your diet etc and look into other complimentary medicines as well but always check with your doctor before taking anything even if it is herbal as they can interfere with the medications that your doctors prescribe. As far as just leaving it in the hands of god I say - don't be rediculous. I belive there is a god but I believe he gave us free will and the right to make choices. If God controls all life then why do millions die from poverty and diseases that are so easily cured just because they leave in poorer countries. I don't believe for a minute that he lets these people suffer and looks after others.

I am very happy to say that I am cancer free and it has been two years now and never felt better in my life. Breast cancer is so treatable these days. Please stay very positive and don't worry about what hasn't happened yet. I wish you all the very best.

Kindest regards

Anne-Marie

Last edited by amwells; 01-11-2008 at 05:56 AM.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

Ann-Marie,
I agree with your post 100%.
Laura

Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

aussiegirl26 HB User
Smile Re: New Member/Breast Cancer?

i've finished chemo 5 months ago and i have to tell you mine did'nt hurt on bit.Although they have found more lumps by ultrasound they did'nt show up on the mammagram. Just wait and see. If it is cancer it's not the end of the world. I'm 26 mother to a 18 month old and you just take every day at a time.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
(female)

cynthiaf HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwells View Post
Hi 1Lady. I'm from Australia and I had breast cancer 2 years ago now and I also found it only by getting a pain in my right breast, so yes you can get pain from breast cancer. Also it does show on ultrasoiunds but it is best to have a mammogram in conjunction with it. But your doctor will know all of this and the very best thing is to have a biopsy like you are scheduled to do. I knew within an hour of my biopsy that I had invasive cancer of the lobule. My lump was quite large (3.5 cm) and I did have to have my breast removed after a few ops and tests. My advice to you is that to stay with modern medicine. By all means you can change your diet etc and look into other complimentary medicines as well but always check with your doctor before taking anything even if it is herbal as they can interfere with the medications that your doctors prescribe. As far as just leaving it in the hands of god I say - don't be rediculous. I belive there is a god but I believe he gave us free will and the right to make choices. If God controls all life then why do millions die from poverty and diseases that are so easily cured just because they leave in poorer countries. I don't believe for a minute that he lets these people suffer and looks after others.

I am very happy to say that I am cancer free and it has been two years now and never felt better in my life. Breast cancer is so treatable these days. Please stay very positive and don't worry about what hasn't happened yet. I wish you all the very best.

Kindest regards

Anne-Marie
Anne Marie,
Did you find your lump yourself or by mammagram? You said it hurt. Can you describe what the pain felt like? Just curious just in case. What is your age at diagnosis? Did you have yearly mammagrams? I know it's alot of questions, but I worry myself to death about it. My mom had it 17 years ago and is doing great. She was 48 when she found hers herself and now is 66. She only had breast removed and no treatments. I will be 45 in 1 1/2 weeks and go for my routine mammagram on the 30th, I get very scared when it's time.
Cynthia

Closed Thread