It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

blazegirl HB User
Tiny hard lump

I am prone to cysts in my breasts-- in fact, I had four of them the last time I had an ultrasound. They're kind of squishy and round.

But I just found a tiny, hard lump in my outer breast, near my armpit, and I feel terrified. It's so small (like 1/2 a beebee) that I can't tell if it's round, moveable, etc.

I'm trying to get an appointment for an exam, but in the meantime, I'm making myself sick. Could a cyst be so small?

Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: Tiny hard lump

Blazegirl,

The only way to know for sure is to get an exam, mammogram and probably an ultrasound. They may then want to biopsy it, depending on what they find from the other tests. I've read 80% of breast lumps and bumps are benign.

Can you let your Dr's office know, that you are really worried and could they work you in? I was dxed with early stage breast cancer, through mammogram in 06. My situation is probably much different than yours, as I have a family hx of breast cancer.

Good luck with your exam and let's hope it's nothing more than another cyst or some other beneign condition. Let us know how things turn out.

Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
(female)

blazegirl HB User
Re: Tiny hard lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by leea1206 View Post
Blazegirl,

The only way to know for sure is to get an exam, mammogram and probably an ultrasound. They may then want to biopsy it, depending on what they find from the other tests. I've read 80% of breast lumps and bumps are benign.

Can you let your Dr's office know, that you are really worried and could they work you in? I was dxed with early stage breast cancer, through mammogram in 06. My situation is probably much different than yours, as I have a family hx of breast cancer.

Good luck with your exam and let's hope it's nothing more than another cyst or some other beneign condition. Let us know how things turn out.

Leea
Thank you for your reply, Leea. I had my exam today and the lump appears to be another cyst. They want me back for a follow up in six months, but the doctor said her level of concern was very low based on my mammogram/ultrasound. I am so relieved.

Wishing you good health in the new year (and always!)

Closed Thread