It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
Bruising after core needle biopsy normal?

I recently had a core needle biopsy and now I have a bruise on my breast that's yellow and green. I guess since I was numb, I didn't notice how my pressure the radiologist was using, but is this normal? How long before it fades? It doesn't hurt, it's just green.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

SallyD HB User
Re: Bruising after core needle biopsy normal?

Probably a week or so...

mine hasn't completely healed yet, and I had it on Aug 12th. I still have a smallish scab with some itching. But I did have a whopper of a bruise.

and my results were negative..
take care..sally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

TiredOTired HB User

Half of my breast was completely purple, green and yellow. It is totally normal as they use a gun-like pressure to cut out (biopsy) tissues for testing. It happened to me for sure, and I also was sore. The one abnormal thing that happened to me is that they used a black permanent marker to mark the incision spot and when they closed me, they didn't wash off the black as I was bleeding. So, essentially I WAS TATTOOED WITH A PERMANENT BLACK MARK ON MY BREAST! I have been told to use antibiotic and also baking soda to try to pull the color out! I am permanently stuck with a round, black mark on my breast! I am so angry (this occurred about 6 weeks ago or more) that I am considering a malpractice suit! Can you imagine?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

You would think they would use something better to mark your skin, they do have dermatoly markers for this purpose.
My bruising is almost gone, I had mine done on Aug 20th, and I know I heard them say they took someting like 11 samples. It was an MRI biopsy. Mine came back negative but they say I might need an excisional biopsy as they feel that the drs don't feel they got the right samples cells versus tissue{I guess} and with my symptoms or signs I have to agree with them. I think that they need to rethink me waiting 6 months for a new MRI as well. I am certanily not going to. I am going for a 2nd opinion
They gave me VIT E and Evening Primrose to take for 6 weeks as if that will make my nipple "uninvert" Haha.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
(female)

kam61 HB User

I also had a really ugly bruise after that lasted several weeks, I did not take to freezing the first time so I just flew off the table that was very painful, but they refroze and then I did not feel the rest of the samples coming out

Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have a needle in my breast to remove a cyst just a few weeks agao. It was painless at the time. Then the bruise came, purple...green.. then yellow. It itched and hurt a little. Give it a week or two. Rest assured it will all heal up!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

js21 HB User

I just had one this past Wed. I'm still sore and a little swollen. When the first biopsy was taken I developed a hematoma and they applied alot of pressure to stop the bleeding. Half of my left breast is now green. I didn't feel the needle go in but the pressure when that click went off I felt. I hope you feel better and the bruise goes away soon. My Dr. said it would take about a week or two. Wishing you benign results.

Last edited by js21; 09-13-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
(female)

irishgeraldine HB User

i had a cyst drained it was very sore and the pain in my breast was bad for 3 weeks

Closed Thread