It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
diagnostic mammogram for nipple discharge???

Hi again hope everyone is doing well. I hope I am on the right post! I have been at 3 doctors in the last two weeks. First I started out with lower right side pain. They found lots of blood and no infection in my urine. Ultrasound showed enlarger ovary and complex cyst. So they refer me to a urologist for the blood. In the meantime the ovary is really hurting so after biting the bullett I decide to go to a GYN. I have never had a pap since my hysterectomy 6 years ago and have not a breast exam in 9 years. I also have never had a mammogram. She noticed a gray discharge I think it looks green. She said that is not normal especially since it comes out of only one breast. She knows how I feel about mammograms but scheduled a diagnostic mammogram. i had a ct that showed an enlarged ovary and nothing noted about a cyst. And I still have blood in the urine so I have to have a cystoscopy next week. Just wondered if anyone else on this site had to have a mammogram due to nipple discharge and what it turned out to be. I am sure I am not the only one that does not like the idea of having a mammogram , I just really really do not want to go thru with it.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
(female)

ellemae11 HB User
Re: diagnostic mammogram for nipple discharge???

Nipple discharge can be caused by several things. Infection, benign intraductal papilloma, or possibly cancer. Green discharge is a good sign as that indicates an infection.
It is common to have a mammogram first for discharge. The discharge can also be expressed and sent to cytology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

Yes, if anyone has information on this problem let me know. I have it in both breasts which might be a problem I don't know, it is clear or white - so I guess it could be a hormonal problem. I don't want to have it anymore. I feel like a freak.

I am sorry to hear about your problems, the gray or green has to be infection right, should you be put on some antibiotics or have the cyst removed?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
(female)

lourash HB User

Well , I am not sure what to think or do. I went to the surgeon yesterday and most people say he shouldn't be practicing he is a quack. Anyway he did a ultrasound and says there is no cyst in the right breast which has the discharge. He did not even look at the nasty discharge. He then found the large cyst on the left one. He told the nurse get me a needle and wiped me off and whammo stuck the needle in. OUCHEEEE did it hurt he could not get the fluid out so he pulled it and jammed it again in a different spot. He then threw the fluid away and said it will probably come back so I will see you in a few months and aspirate it again. It bled alot and it hurt to have the aspiration it was already black before I left the office. I am not sure what to think the doc that sent me there wanted it to be looked at the lab for infection or cancer cells. My husband is not a happy camper and someone else who is a nurse said I should be on antibiotics since the discharge is green. I still have the darn discharge and have had for over two weeks. My hubby wants me to get a second opinion , but I don't want to look like a fool . Maybe I should just leave it alone.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
(female)

Linda49er HB User

Hi Lourash
Sorry to hear about your problems. I think that first guy you saw who poked you twice is a dork lol.

About your nipple discharge....At the age of 20 I began having a greenish - black discharge from my breasts, left more than right. They never did a mammogram on me for that but did express some from my breasts and sent it to the lab for evaluation. I had severe fibrocystic disease and that was about all they did. They told me to quit squeezing my breasts. LOL well easy for them to say but I finally did. I got tired of the same ole stupid answers. But mine was fine.

40 yrs later I was diagnosed with breast cancer on the left. But the discharge finally stopped after many years (like when I was 50 not sure). I would say the best kind of doc to see for that is a breast care center doctor, they are awesome.

Not sure this has helped but good luck!!!!
Hugs, love and prayers,
Linda

Old 09-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

I guess it is normal for some of us then, but what that doctor did to you was not cool and was horrible. Doctors, most of them, don't have any idea what they are doing. It is so hard to find someone that really cares about you and what is going on in your body. Do they just want to make as much money as they can in a day. They haven't even asked me to get a mammogram yet just to be safe. Why wouldn't they do as much as they can for you? Some of the ones I have seen has made me anxious to go to other doctors. Then they all say you seem anxious. Yes, you make me that way. Iwish you the best of luck. Don't quit until you get the answers you are looking for.

I am sorry to hear about your breast cancer. Could this be a sign of that to come? I don't know.

We all need to stick together I know that. No one else understands and looks at you like you have two heads.

Closed Thread