It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Breast Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

TearZ HB User
Question How do i know? Confused!

Hey Guys,

I’m turning 25 this December and I regularly do Self Examinations- weirdly enough I start getting paranoid around 2weeks before my cycle is due to begin.

Being so paranoid I cant help to continue examining my breasts...even though its said the best time is a few days after the cycle has ended as the breast is more swollen, tender, lumpy etc.

I’m a tiny bit worried that I have felt a lump the size of a pea or even smaller – it doesn’t feel hard and I have no other symptoms [its on the bottom side/corner] i tried feeling the other breast to see if there was something simular but i cant tell for sure as my opposite breast has more fatty tissues around it.....

Although my problem is that when I am self examining I got no idea how it would feel like if I did feel something, like im having problems distinguishing what’s a normal lump to a lump that needs attention.

People say it feels like a frozen pea?? Is that an accurate response?

Hope you guys can help- look forward to your response.

Last edited by TearZ; 11-09-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

joansartiers HB User
Re: How do i know? Confused!

Try and calm down a bit. Becoming stressed and paranoid plays a huge negative impact on the body. Also the mind and eyes can be deceiving. Try not to worry and think about it so much since you constantly go to screenings and everything is fine =]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

TearZ HB User

Thanks Joan,

I dont know how people stay positive- im a natural, stress/paranoid person so its hard for me to relax....especially when i dont know what im looking for.

I dont "go" to screenings- i do the BSE @ home myself.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

alittlestressed HB User

The worst part is not knowing what is happenening. Have you seen the doctors yet? You are young so that is a good thing. Staying positive is hard...trust me. Hang in there until you have some results. I was on here last night for the first time and I posted something about me and my situation under someone elses post "TRYING NOT TO WORRY". So I can imagine and understand your thoughts and feelings.

Last edited by alittlestressed; 11-10-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

The first time I had a lump was at age 25, I did not feel it my doctor did. What he did was have me come back at different times during my monthly cycle. The first being the first couple of days at the biginning of my cycle. The second was around the end of the second week and the final time was around the end of the third week. He could tell by the feel that is was a cyst. The lump should be easier to feel at the beginning of your cycle and less easier to feel by the fourth week of your cycle. The other indication is if when you feel this lump, you are able to kind of move it around.

Believe me when I tell you, that you will know the difference. I did three years ago. I was not even looking for anything and I was taking a shower and doing routine washing when I felt it. I waited a couple of months and kept checking for any changes. I finally did go to my primary care and he was unable to really feel anything so I decided it was really nothing. This particular lump really was bothering me, so I pursued it and eventually persuaded the surgeon to remove it. After this surgeon ended up doing a lumpectomy on me because the lump actually was quite large, the pathology results came back as a pre-cancerous mass.

So keep checking and if you feel that something does not feel right than by all means go to your doctor.

Last edited by shisslak; 11-10-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
(female)

TearZ HB User

Thanks heaps for your reply…..i have bruised my boobs that much from checked every bloody chance I get.

As posted in my other thread my mum checked them for me thoroughly and said everything felt 100% normal.

The doc also said it was fine but I was that paranoid she booked me in to scan both breast…..

I’m just scared I don’t know the difference.

Like is it hard? Can you feel it without pressing hard?

Closed Thread